Suggestions for Fund Raising on a Golf Day

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am taking part in a golf day next week to raise money for the junior section of my local cricket club and I was looking for ideas to raise a few extra quid on the day. I have already suggested the usual ones (charity bunker, raffle etc) but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions for getting in a few extra quid on the day.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
nearest the pin on a good looking downhill par 3, not new I know but you have someone at the tea (2 attractive ladies preferably) and each group is offered to go for the nearest the pin for a fiver each, so needs to be a decent prize (donated of course), not many groups say no on the tea especially if asked by the 'right' person *wink*

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
50p a bunker and 50p a n/r if it's stableford, add £1 for every lost ball, and it soon adds up without people thinking they are parting with much.

If there is a 200yd par 3 charge £2,50 a go and if the player reaches and stays on the green they get their money back plus their entrance fee, most donate it back if they do make the green

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
If there are a lot of players taking part run a sweep on guessing the number of birdies, pars or bogeys on the most difficult hole. Cay £2.00 a go with a prize equivalent to either a percentage of the total kitty or something that's been donated.
We did this at our annual charity bash at Gullane and this alone raised and extra £200.

Davey S2

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Beat the pro.

Pro stays on one par 3 and players pay a fiver to challenge him. Anyone who gets inside him gets a bottle of wine or similar.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
50p a bunker and 50p a n/r if it's stableford, add £1 for every lost ball, and it soon adds up without people thinking they are parting with much.

If there is a 200yd par 3 charge £2,50 a go and if the player reaches and stays on the green they get their money back plus their entrance fee, most donate it back if they do make the green

Beat the pro.

Pro stays on one par 3 and players pay a fiver to challenge him. Anyone who gets inside him gets a bottle of wine or similar.

Both good suggestions and have did both, on the par 3 it was double your money for hitting the green.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
sell wooden lolly sticks say 5 for a £1,you then place them on a designated fairway after writing your name on them and get the pro to hit a chosen club ( driver,5i or 7i ) and the nearest lolly stick wins a bottle of bubbles

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Easy one for the presentation.

MC asks hands up anyone who wants a bottle of whisky [whatever] for £1.
All put hands up.
MC says get your pound coins out and lay them on the table. Anyone on heads is out.
MC says pick up your pounds and lay them on the table. Anyone on tails isssssssssssss in.
Keep going until someone wins.
This is good fun and makes easy money.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do a "heads" or "tails" quiz at the post golf dinner. You need a list of questions with a right answer and a wrong answer. Can be golf related or just general knowledge. Everyone pays the fee to enter - set your fee at the level you think best. Everyone stands up. Ask a question and then give the two possible answers in the following fashion... if you think answer is (a) put your hands on your head ("Heads"), if you think it's (b) hands on your butt ("Tails"). People with wrong answer sit down.

eg Who won the 2012 US PGA. Heads it was Tiger, Tails it was Rory. Everyone puts their hands on their head or their tail. Then announce "Ok, Heads sit down". Next question... (ok, so the questions need to be just a wee bit tougher, but you get the gist).

Last person standing wins - and takes a cut of the money, balance goes to the good cause. Usually over in just a few questions but good idea to make the questions a bit harder as you go on to make sure it's reasonably quick. If you get down to two people, make 'en stand back to back.

Another one we do is at our place is betting whether you will put your tee shot onto the green on a difficult par three. Needs to be a fairly tough hole for it to work, so that even the better players aren't guaranteed to succeed. Higher handicaps get higher odds.
Just realised - this v similar to fullthrottles suggestion

Last edited: