Suggest me a shaft

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Right, I currently play with a Cobra Encore 9.5 Driver with a stiff FUJIKURA Motore F1 55gr shaft.

I love the head and hit it fairly straight with my wee draw but I find that the ball kind of hangs in the air and sometimes you can almost see the ball spinning as it travels and it flies with a failrly high flight in comparison to my previous drives and indeed my irons and other woods.

So........I am thinking of putting a different shaft in it but I am no techno geek so I am utterly lost!! I have asked my Pro who did say he would keep an eye out for something but he has a lot going on at the moment so not convinced he will find anything never mind look so I am willing to take a punt on ebay myself if I can get some confidence that what I am buying may suit my game.

Any suggestions folks???:confused::confused::mmm:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
so you are looking for something with a slightly lower flight and lower spin?

http://www.fujikuragolf.com/golf-shafts/woods/motore/

According to this the shaft you have is mid kick, mid launch and mid spin.

The easiest option may be to find one of the slightly heavier versions of the shaft (probably the 65g version). Alternatively there are plenty of other options out there, you probably want something that is low or low to mid spin and low to mid launch

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The f1 55g in the encore is a made for shaft and from a few I've spoken too not a very good one. I had a similar problem with the amp when it had the 55g rip, plumped for a 65g f1 real deal and haven't looked back! A close friend who's off 5. Something sold he's encore due to the shaft being too weak, he hit mine the other day and couldn't believe the difference

I think zl/s3/amps all use the same adaptor.

I've got a px 5.5 but I don't think that will be man enough for you...

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The f1 55g in the encore is a made for shaft and from a few I've spoken too not a very good one. I had a similar problem with the amp when it had the 55g rip, plumped for a 65g f1 real deal and haven't looked back! A close friend who's off 5. Something sold he's encore due to the shaft being too weak, he hit mine the other day and couldn't believe the difference

Mmmmm that 65g sound like it might work. A quick google search aint showing much for sale ebay wise or indeed anywhere without paying full whack though.

Any ideas where I might pick one up?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I found a local cobra fitting centre ... It was as the amps were coming to an end and the cell was due so the fitting cart was going to be refreshed - 50.00 all in.

Complete with adaptor your pay about 50.00 on eBay, I've watched loads and they all make that

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I found a local cobra fitting centre ... It was as the amps were coming to an end and the cell was due so the fitting cart was going to be refreshed - 50.00 all in.

Complete with adaptor your pay about 50.00 on eBay, I've watched loads and they all make that

I would pay that but I cannot find any on ebay....maybe my search words are wrong??

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Just back in from my first outing with the F1 65g S.

Superb,like night and day especially into the wind it has a great piercing flight. Hopefully next week it'll behave the same way!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
£30 from PGA Pro on Ebay,it's in A1 condition too but had to fit a grip to it but that cost me nowt as the Pro owed me a fiver.;)

That`s a steal! Hope it continues to preform! I bet the driver feels a lot more stable with the new shaft.