Subscription to the other magazines ! Do they take me for an idiot !

Av-it

Visit site
Hi all,
I subscribe to the 3 main magazines. My Golf Monthly magazine arrived Saturday, 5 days before its official publication date. Very happy, thank you
The other 2 (Todays Golfer and Golf World) I pay a joint sub for at a good rate. They arrived today. The issue of Golf World I received was for the issue covering March 26 - April 22 (New issue due tomorrow)
The issue of Todays Golfer was for the period of March 12 - April 8 already 2 weeks out of date !!!!
This happened last month as well (it's a new subscription)
I feel as a subscriber that I should be getting the latest issue at least on the first day of publication not 2 weeks after a newer edition comes out.
Does anyone else suffer this poor service or are Bauer just taking the p*** as well as my money?

Cheers
Paul

D

Deleted member 1740

Hi all,
I subscribe to the 3 main magazines. My Golf Monthly magazine arrived Saturday, 5 days before its official publication date. Very happy, thank you
The other 2 (Todays Golfer and Golf World) I pay a joint sub for at a good rate. They arrived today. The issue of Golf World I received was for the issue covering March 26 - April 22 (New issue due tomorrow)
The issue of Todays Golfer was for the period of March 12 - April 8 already 2 weeks out of date !!!!
This happened last month as well (it's a new subscription)
I feel as a subscriber that I should be getting the latest issue at least on the first day of publication not 2 weeks after a newer edition comes out.
Does anyone else suffer this poor service or are Bauer just taking the p*** as well as my money?

Cheers
Paul

I’ve heard TG have a load of issues they’ve got left over as they couldn’t sell due to a certain Forummer appearing in it ?

On a serious note I’d drop them an email or call them, I’m pretty certain they will sort out.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
They're all absolutely crap now, full of advertising and rehashed material. Not an industry I'd like to work in as it's got to be tough going.

I buy the occasional magazine if I'm going on a journey or away for a weekend but I'd never subscribe again to a hard copy. Maybe I'd get an "E" version subscription but genuinely don't think I have the time to sit and read it every month.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have always found TG to be a bit like the tabloids of golf magazines. Full of titbits and lacks any sort of in depth analysis or interviews and padded out with rehashed tuition articles and reviews. I have always thought Golf World was more on a par with GM and that it was good that both ran together as it gave both a target to improve on. That said, I agree that even these are struggling to provide something innovative again although given the situation we are in, hardly surprising. It's all well and good having interviews in hand that would be spaced out across the year and others done to keep supply taking over but you've got to put something in the mage each month. Time for the forum pages for make a re-appearance Mike?

Wolf

Visit site
. Last GM I bought was one I was in!
I didn't even get the one I was in ?
A fellow forummer did send me the pullout that I was in though.

Can't remember the last time I bought a golf mag. Just find them all the same and pointless, over the course of a year everything's rehashed several times but buy a different person telling you the same things. The interviews aren't overly interesting or in depth. I think golf magazine journalism on a whole is quite drab and dull.

Similar to fitness industry magazines full of adverts and someone claiming to have the latest breakthrough to increase your performance.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To be fair to the golf industry, it's exactly the same in every other hobby as well. There's only so much that's actually new per year so the majority of every magazine is repeated on a roughly annual basis with a new small tweaks. A little bit of news, some new products, a tutorial that is either exactly the same as last year or a re-hash of something from years ago but presented as a breakthrough, and lots of adverts. That's every hobby magazine ever.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Have you not seen the news lately? There's something going on outside your door that is impacting just about every strand of life as we know it. If we weren't in the middle of this crazy crisis I'd sympathise with your predicament but jumping up and down now...:ROFLMAO:

Well done to GM, and at least you got something from the others.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Have you not seen the news lately? There's something going on outside your door that is impacting just about every strand of life as we know it. If we weren't in the middle of this crazy crisis I'd sympathise with your predicament but jumping up and down now...:ROFLMAO:

And, if you look on page 39 of the new GM you'll notice ChrisD, myself, Cake and MikeH almost practicing social distancing months before it became necessary.....way ahead of the pack.

D

Deleted Member 1156

You should have answered the question in the title of the thread Brian. I think your answer might just be 'Yes I do' :ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
They're all absolutely crap now, full of advertising and rehashed material. Not an industry I'd like to work in as it's got to be tough going.

I buy the occasional magazine if I'm going on a journey or away for a weekend but I'd never subscribe again to a hard copy. Maybe I'd get an "E" version subscription but genuinely don't think I have the time to sit and read it every month.
would agree, not got a mag in more than 5 years now. GM used to offer something a bit diff, but now same content as TG

other markets are the same, used to get Guitarist, but became very comercial, with the same stuff, so started getting Guitar and Bass, which was a bit diff... a bit more i reader input and less ads, but over the last two years ito now morphed into Guitarist, you would struggle to tell them apart.

Last edited:

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just got Readly, like Netflix for magazines for those who don't know

Simply Amazing

Five of us can read hundreds of different magazines (including Playboy and the Beano) including back issues, down load them etc ...for £ 7.99 per month

GBC

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've just got Readly, like Netflix for magazines for those who don't know

Simply Amazing

Five of us can read hundreds of different magazines (including Playboy and the Beano) including back issues, down load them etc ...for £ 7.99 per month

GBC
Now you're talking........:D