Recommendations for the other half

dagarra

Visit site
Hi all. With the covid situation I have been afforded more time to be able to hit the course and range. Occasionally I will ask my SO if she fancies coming to the range with me and generally she is up for it.

I have been thinking it might be good to get her a club of her own as she's only 5ft 4, so my mens irons are too long for her really. Last time at the range she hogged my 7 iron for her whole 50 balls and I didn't get a look in haha.

Not after a full or half set for her (yet) as I don't think she wants to take up golf, she just likes a trip to the range maybe once every month or two.

I know nothing about ladies clubs but found the below listings and wondered if people had any thoughts of which was best?

Ebay listing 1

Ebay listing 2

Ebay listing 3

Now I am sure they are all completely fine for a very casual beginner golfer, just wondered which seems the best value?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone of those will be fine.

Ladies clubs are designed for slower swing speeds, have whippier shafts, are lighter. They are there to help. Having watched female in-laws struggle with mens clubs over the years 'she is tall so she needs mens clubs :rolleyes:o_O', was my FiL's advice, followed by the improvement when they switched to ladies clubs, it is good to see you are going this route. If she becomes exceptional then that may change but any of the three on the links will do the job.

dagarra

Visit site
Haha to be fair, she has her own hobbies so she doesn't have the time to play golf regularly so I think I am safe.

Crazy golf and a visit to the range once a month is about enough for her haha

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
a visit to the range once a month is about enough for her haha

For now. Once the bug hits, the sun is out and it's warm she'll start by saying can I walk nine holes with you, perhaps hitting a few shots with her club and then she'll want her own clubs and then she'll want to play more often. A can of worms is opening