Suarez given 8 match ban!!! so what about Terry?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
ok as a Liverpool fan I am a tad annoyed.

Terry was blatantly racist yet still eligible for England and nothing more said by the FA yet he was caught on camera. Double standards or what

has the FA got any credibility left at all?

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not surprised at all with this. The fa had no way to back out of this, much easier to convict Suarez than to say Evra is a liar.

Andy will now get more time on the pitch, so he better start playing better.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree they had nowhere to go really.

Terry is an absolutely horrific individual and I hope he gets the maximum punishment possible. How he is still in the England squad/team is beyond me.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Terry is an absolutely horrific individual and I hope he gets the maximum punishment possible. How he is still in the England squad/team is beyond me.

I agree!! Also, Terry is nowhere near the player he was a couple of years ago so shouldn't be anywhere near the England team on that alone.

If he gets a custodial sentence, can the FA punish him further??

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree!! Also, Terry is nowhere near the player he was a couple of years ago so shouldn't be anywhere near the England team on that alone.

I'm an Arsenal supporter so have no allegiance with Terry but you have to say that he's innocent until proven guilty.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yes the FA will eventually act once the CPS has dealt him Terry until then they can't act incase of prejusticing the criminal proceedings but you would hope the ban and fine match

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Suarez said Negrito which isn't derogitary in south America and as accept. Terry said black ahem word with a c...
Major difference between the two. Disgusting decision
By the fa hope he appeals

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lucky man if you ask me

If I had said it sitting in the stand I would be arrested and banned from every football ground in the country:angry:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm not going to change my mind, if Luis has racially abused him a ban is needed.

However, 8 games is harsh if only based on Evra's evidence. Also, is Evra going to be banned for admitting to abusing him back via his ethnicity - doubt it.

It's just like the FA respect campaign, Mascherano got sent off at Old Trafford, for complaining about Torres getting hacked down on 5-6 occasions, lasted for this one game and wasn't heard of again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Subject to Liverpool appealing and as Suarez can continue to play until the appeal is heard I think they'll do just that so he can play over Christmas. It seems his case was built around interpreations of the words used and that in South America his use of words wouldn't have been recognised as racist. Whether the word black and any particular phrase added to that I guess is only known to those at the centre of the case.

One thing is for sure, the FA will be as tough in Terry if he doesn't receive a custodial sentence as I don't think they can be seen to punish the captain of his country lightly without making a rod for their own back. Either way I think its refreshing that the FA have actually taken a relatively firm stand on this and hope it sends out a message although I can't see this making any difference to a Division 3 game and certainly not in the lower leagues and in the parks

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am not sure how the fa can ban him based on one players word? Is that the only evidence they have? If so, its a little harsh. If they have solid evidence, then that's different, he would deserve everything he gets.
The same goes for terry, solid evidence, throw the book at him, but he is still innocent till proven guilty, whether you like him or not.
As an aside, how come the police can arrest JT for alleged racism, yet can't seem to arrest fanatics who publicly abuse other races or religions, such as the Muslim fundamentalist clerics etc?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Isn't he mixed race himself? Bit odd calling someone a whatever it was when he's half black himself?!

Anyway I thought it was a whore in Spanish that he had called him?

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think its a good decision, racism is wholly unacceptable and just because your on a football field is not an excuse, in fact with the amount of cameras these days its worse, I'd heard ages ago that if he was found guilty its a 7 game ban at a minimum so the length doesn't suprise me, to be honest I despise suarez he's a nasty piece of work, when he played for ajax he was banned for 7 games for biting someone! As for terry well he's just a horrible person aswell, how he is still England captain is beyond me, what he said was worse so quite frankly I hope he gets a jail sentence

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
The FA wouldn't charge and ban unless there was serious evidence on hand. Look at it from a logical view. Having Liverpool's best player being charged with racism is a disaster for English football. It brings terrible PR on the Premier League and if there was any way they could've buried it under the carpet it would've happened. Racism is serious and no one wants it attached to them in any way. That goes for individuals aswell as organisations like the FA and Premier League.

The ban is fair and Liverpool can't complain. They've put themselves in this crazy position where they've backed Suarez so much, they're in danger of being seen as guilty as him. Dalglish has mentioned it on a weekly basis, giving constant references to Suarez and what a great guy he is. Totally unprofessional and now they're in real danger of undermining Liverpool FC's reputation.

The statement that LFC released is simply beyond embarrassing.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Let's get this straight. Suarez calls Evra negrito. Evra takes offence. Suarez doesn't deny it but claims he was using Spanish slang. So he's admitted calling him negrito. The only decision left for the FA is to determine whether or not it is reasonable for Evra to see this as a racial slur. The answer is yes. Case closed, Suarez is guilty. Now for punishment. FA have well established stance on racism in football. They need to make an example out of Suarez. Hence the eight match ban. Terry is under investigation by the CPS. The FA have to wait until this process is complete before they can take any action. At that point we will be able to comment on their actions and whether they are consistent. For those of you that think the ban is harsh, have you ever been racially abused? It's not nice.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Let's get this straight. Suarez calls Evra negrito. Evra takes offence. Suarez doesn't deny it but claims he was using Spanish slang. So he's admitted calling him negrito. The only decision left for the FA is to determine whether or not it is reasonable for Evra to see this as a racial slur. The answer is yes. Case closed, Suarez is guilty. Now for punishment. FA have well established stance on racism in football. They need to make an example out of Suarez. Hence the eight match ban. Terry is under investigation by the CPS. The FA have to wait until this process is complete before they can take any action. At that point we will be able to comment on their actions and whether they are consistent. For those of you that think the ban is harsh, have you ever been racially abused? It's not nice.

Ok with the above, but do you think Evra should be banned as well then?

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ok with the above, but do you think Evra should be banned as well then?

What for?

What others Have said is absolutely spot on, the fa needed to throw the book at Suarez as otherwise their reputation is seriously damaged. Suarez is a fantastic player but he really needs to have a long hard look at himself as his attitude to most things is somewhat childish, everytime a decision doesn't go his way he has a strop. On a side note would the "gesture" he made get him a suspension as well or just a fine?