Stock piling , panic buying.

sussexhacker

Visit site
So now that the pub is off limits, are we going to see panic buying of booze in supermarkets?

No lager left in my local Tesco this morning I was going to pick up a crate for “emergencies”

Luckily I’ve got 2 bottles of rum at home but that won’t last the week in a lockdown

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Went shopping this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Yes there were a few tools stockpiling things like cat food, but I managed to get just about everything on my list including some bog roll. The bakery was not open so no fresh taste the difference sourdough, but we are well into 1st world problems if that's the worst thing that happens to me today.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
just been to our local sainsburys.

no loo roll as expected. no pasta, no rice, no tea bags (!), no flour, no tinned tomatoes, very little fresh meat (no chicken or beef), hardly any potatoes.

freezer section is 95% empty, only bulk thing left there is bags of ice.

so much for expecting folk to be sensible. maybe it's time to bring in rationing.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Went to Morrisons for eggs as Costco were out yesterday. Morrisons also out, so went to the local free range farm, they produce about 6000 a day, but are low on stock and buying in to meet demand. Morrisons were out of loo roll still, but they had paracetamol, some meat and fish, although not vast quantities. The butcher counter was empty.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

no loo roll as expected. no pasta, no rice, no tea bags (!), no flour, no tinned tomatoes, very little fresh meat (no chicken or beef), hardly any potatoes.

so much for expecting folk to be sensible. maybe it's time to bring in rationing.

I heard that the countries supply of potatoes (for the year?) has already been lifted and is in cold storage - they only need to be able to get the spuds to the the stores and we need to be able to get them.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

No!!!!! Don't do that. We've got enough in the house to feed us for a week, or possibly even 10 days if we're creative. I'm just waiting for all the morons who are panic buying to run out of money and then I'll be able to take a trip to do my usual shop in an otherwise empty supermarket.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Press are reporting that there is not enough capacity to meet home delivery. Following on from the supermarket's advert that we should not 'panic buy' - I'm sure that will quell everyone's fears !!

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
No!!!!! Don't do that. We've got enough in the house to feed us for a week, or possibly even 10 days if we're creative. I'm just waiting for all the morons who are panic buying to run out of money and then I'll be able to take a trip to do my usual shop in an otherwise empty supermarket.

It's started already, Sainsburys and my local Aldi are limiting the number of items per person to stop people buying loads of one item.
Aparantly there was loads stacked up by the tills as items had to be left behind. So if its not on the shelf check by the till.

yandabrown

Visit site
Apparently Corona is going cheap :p
I heard that they had rebranded:
Ebola-Bier.jpg

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
just nipped in the Ness side Tesco for a Chorizo and the place is empty, no veg, no meat, no tinned goods, no bread, no milk, nothing in any of the freezers and very little booze.

oh and no Chorizo, didn't go down the bog roll Isle, i speaking to of of the staff whoe said the shop was full this morning and that there were people queing to get in the store this morning

lets hope these twats who are panic buying are the first to get eaten when the dead turn to Zombies

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
just nipped in the Ness side Tesco for a Chorizo and the place is empty, no veg, no meat, no tinned goods, no bread, no milk, nothing in any of the freezers and very little booze.

oh and no Chorizo, didn't go down the bog roll Isle, i speaking to of of the staff whoe said the shop was full this morning and that there were people queing to get in the store this morning

lets hope these twats who are panic buying are the first to get eaten when the dead turn to Zombies
Sightly different experience in Herts this morning.
Wandered into Waitrose at about 1030 and was pleased to find that fresh food (fruit/veg/meat/fish) was reasonably available. As was bread.
Different story on pasta and loo roll though... Tumbleweed only.
No surprise I guess. Perishables are planned to arrive on a regular basis, the other stuff, less so.
Will be saving some of the outer cabbage leaves for emergencies...