Stock piling , panic buying.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
'Nice' email from our supermarket saying that as an 'over 70' we can now get priority deliveries - web site No slots for future 3 weeks !!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I do find myself wondering about why people buy some things, but not others. Literally no fresh chicken in Waitrose, but all other meats just fine.
Loads of fresh bread, but no flour.
Loads of fresh milk, but no eggs
I'm sure it makes sense, but I reckon there'll be a load of stuff in the bin shortly, which is sad.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Put petrol in car at Tesco this morning on the way to work during the old people's shop hour. There weren't too many cars in the car park so I thought I'd pop in and see what I could get. No there wasnt full shelves but I got milk, bread, pasta and rice etc that'll last a few days, but the point of the post was just how pleasant everyone was, no pushing or shoving, no nastiness and the checkout (young) lady was lovely.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Couple across the road self-isolating and can't get online delivery slot. Trying to be a good neighbour but hey gives the trolls some fun

its great you're able to help when they asked. The lesson for us all maybe is to be a bit more proactive and just not wait to help until asked

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
its great you're able to help when they asked. The lesson for us all maybe is to be a bit more proactive and just not wait to help until asked
Glad we did it just in time. Couldn't get them too much but hopefully they'll have some stuff to help. We've donated a 4 pint of milk this morning as we've more chance of getting it replenished

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We hopped down to the shop after Boris' speech hoping to pick up a couple of essentials. No bread, eggs etc, ended up spending about 60 quid on cereal, biscuits, crisps and alcohol. Oh well, we tried.

D

Deleted member 16999

We actually needed bread and left without any because they had none. What's your problem?
I’d ignore him, have a look at his posts in the “I played today” thread, he’s obviously bored or trolling to amuse himself.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just like every one else who is clearing the shelves eh :rolleyes:

Absolutely not, we are running short of a number of staple items and we have made no effort to stockpile over the past couple of weeks. We had a delivery by Tesco of our usual weekly order but only about 25% of our order was delivered so I tried to buy the items we didn't get - hardly "like everyone else" !