Still Having Driver problems

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Can't really see the point in posting, coz I can't get a video sorted.

But I'm getting overly frustrated, and blimmin desperate.

So I'm wondering if any of you guys can pass on any clues or past experiences.

Basically my pro is away for a fortnight, so I can't ask him.

Ok, I'm working on the range and I'm sloooowly getting straighter with the 5w and even slightly better with the 3w.

But I just can't get rid of that fade, which grows into a huge slice, with my Driver.

The initial problem was diagnosed as too much body involved in the downswing, getting my body in the way, so my hands got left behind.

Answer is to obviously cut out the early body movement, and hit more against a more rigid left side ( bad description, but I'm sure most of you can explain it better ).

Initially it's causing a shorter shot, but I'm told we can work on that. The thing is, it's keeping it in play. Slowly the 5w is feeling better, and the 3w is still tough off the deck, but I could probably handle it off the tee ok.

But, what with the mega shortness, I need to get the driver in at least some kind of shape ASAP.

The 5w and 3w are both stiff metal shafts, which makes the clubs feel increadibly heavy by comparison with the regular graphite shafted driver.

I'm putting in the same swing with both fairways and driver. I'm keeping the same swing thoughts. So why the huge difference ?

Would it be worth experimenting with a metal shafted driver ?

Any clues / opinions ? ( Smiffy, do you think a stiff graphite shafted driver might help ? :D )

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
As you say, tricky without seeing the swing, but if you're hitting the other woods not too badly but not happy with the driver, try swinging the driver more smoothly.
The harder you swing at it, the harder the legs go, the more you will slice it.
keep it smooth and keep your rhythm.
:)