Stiff shaft = High flight?

rob2

Head Pro
Visit site
I have been playing MP52s for the past year or so and am finding that I am hitting the ball very high, so much in fact that I am often 1-2 clubs shorter compared to my previous Cobra FPs (the lofts and lengths are similar).

I have tried altering ball positions and ensuring that my hands are well ahead at impact to de-loft the club but am finding that it is playing havoc with my consistancy of strike.

I will persevere but was wondering what impact a different shaft would have? I currently have DG S300. Not custom fitted, just bought what felt right on the day (yeah, I know.. :D).

What do you reckon, a fundamental flaw in the swing or the wrong shafts? (or both!)

Cheers,

Rob

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It can be the combination of head and shaft. During a fitting I tried Ping S57 with a DGS300 and hit the ball into the stratosphere but the same shaft in MP58 went a "normal" height.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a set of mp52's, with nippon 950 regular shafts, and i hit them with a medium to low ball flight. They also go along way, so think it may be a shaft problem. Mind you i do punch my irons, and take enormous turfs (bigger than divots) !!

rob2

Head Pro
Visit site
How far do you hit a 7 iron on th flat with no wind?

Always used to be around 150 carry but currently more like 135.

I know the current temps will impact on that but a good club shorter than previously.

Rob

A

Alex1975

I am in the same boat at the moment with my 53s but I am pretty sure it is within my swing(early release).

Maybe have a video lesson so you can see what you are doing from the outside, I dobut its the clubs. You could always try another club against your own to see.