Stewart Downing

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I just cant see what is going on if we are after downing.

I can understand defoe and I really hope we get him, even more so as it will really aggravate the pompey fans even more than they already are.

Harry was given a load of crap, look at Dos Santos, the little tart clearly took one look at our physical league and it did him, he wants out.

Look at the likes of Jermaine Jenas, mr overrated himself and a disgrace to the shirt.

Bent is quality, as is Pav, Campbell, not fit for the prem.

My next game at WHL is Pompey, should be a cracking atmos and a great game, I shall be in the corner-pin before the game as per usual.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jermain Defoe is a Yido ! I agree entirely it would be good to see him back for more than one reason.

But tell me truthfully you believe Bent is worth £16.5 m ? I would have defoe in the team every time over Bent,if he does return

On Pav I like what I see but only time will tell.

My feelings on jenas are similar to yours. Except if given time he is a good player, but time is never going to be afforded in the premiership so unfortunately he can't make the grade.

At least we are all agreed on Downing :D As are all the other fans I have spoken to- what is the clubs attraction to him? the links were going on back in the early days of Martin Jol and possibly before!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a Fulham fan I'm worried about our star midfield Jimmy Bullard being enticed away for silly money. Sadly for our team he does make a huge difference when he is playing and when he's out.

I think Spurs have a problem in that Modric apart they don't seem to have any grafters and battlers in midfield and that the majority of their players are the attacking type ofplayer. Great when you are going forward but not so useful defending a 0-0 at Old Trafford with 10 minutes to go. I don't think Downing offers Spurs anything more than they already have. Bentley. Why??? Overpriced and limited ability

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to sort out a game with him. I have someone who knows him pretty well and they reckon he'll be up for it no probs.

Can I come :D ;)

Best of luck with sorting that out though, he seems like a decent bloke with a good sense of humor, who should make a good partner.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you know if he is a member of a particular club Homer? Something gave me the idea he played at the Grove but I'm not sure. It would probably be an even better day if he could take you in somewhere like that !

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Bullard is a quailty player we struggled to replace him for a while when he went to Fulham.

Looks like its going to happen again for us with all our better players being looked at i just want this transfer window to close and quick.

Beaker

Assistant Pro
www.bedalegolfclub.com
And also whilst I may be naturally biased even with my most neutral of caps on Spurs are at least 5 times bigger than Middlesborough will ever be! History, fan base, players, trophies- end of!

theeaglehunter - Yeah I agree you are right. Your a bigger club than us but we are a team who punch above our weight and regularly field 4 or 5 local lads or lads that come through our own youth set up, which is more than can be said for your club and other clubs in the league! I don't think a team in the history of the Premier League has ever fielded a team containing 11 "local players" other than us?

Also, being a big club counts for nothing?! So what your a bigger club than us, but look how much you are under performing!! And i'd say there are bigger clubs than you that aren't even in the Premier League, Leeds and Notts Forest for example?! Being a "Big" club gives you nothing and means nothing. If the likes of Spurs, Newcastle and City to name just a few, keep this mentality then im sure they will keep up the high standard they currently have and never break into the top 4, like one of them should!

Anyway, rant over :D

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z0h_c9eH-8

two league cups and a peace cup in 10 years - the rest is as you say history and doesn't count anymore.

Where's the laughing emoticon?

Only people who support clubs with NO history say things like that. i.e,Chelsea.

We haven't been successful lately but having a glorious history helps attract players we wouldn't necessarily be able to if we were,say,West Ham. (Although they did win the world cup,didn't they.........)

Beaker

Assistant Pro
www.bedalegolfclub.com
Only people who support clubs with NO history say things like that. i.e,Chelsea.

Hang on a minute?! We have a history, just without the trophies?! Just because we haven't won as much as you lot doesn't mean we don't have a history? Im proud to say I support the Boro, its my local team and I don't just follow them because they are successful (Mean people who support Man utd etc). Its easy to "Support" a team that wins something on a regular basis, and how many United fans are supporting there local team?? Not many!

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Hang on a minute?! We have a history, just without the trophies?! Just because we haven't won as much as you lot doesn't mean we don't have a history? Im proud to say I support the Boro, its my local team and I don't just follow them because they are successful (Mean people who support Man utd etc). Its easy to "Support" a team that wins something on a regular basis, and how many United fans are supporting there local team?? Not many!

I didn't say Boro' didn't have a history & my point was more tongue in cheek. Banter. No offence meant.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you want a team that is hard to follow look no further than Fulham. They will always find a way to break your heart and every premiership season is a rollercoaster and I wouldn't have it any other way

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Boro' turn down new £14.5m bid apparently.

Jesus wept. Not sure what i'm more shocked at; them turning it down or us bidding that much for a player of his capabilities. Ridiculous.

Gibson must be mad to turn that amount of cash down for a player who wants to leave. I sincerely hope we don't go back in with a higher bid.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
If anyone sees harry redknapp give him a slap.

We should NOT be signing downing.

Look at what happened last time we signed an overrated player for £15m, we ended up with that clown Bentley, who I loathe more and more after every game, look at the way the tart kept shirking challenges last night and as for crosses, Ha!

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You're not wrong,Jon. Bentley is seriously pi$$ing me off at the moment. He offers jack S**t. As you say,his crosses are abysmal & that's supposed to be his "speciality".

As for Downing,what is it with us & buying (or trying to) overpriced young English players? That money would be better spent buying a defensive midfielder because god help us when Jenas returns.Bottlejob personified.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im proud to say I support the Boro, its my local team and I don't just follow them because they are successful (Mean people who support Man utd etc). Its easy to "Support" a team that wins something on a regular basis, and how many United fans are supporting there local team?? Not many!

This really pi**es me off. I am from the Wirral, which is just the otherside of the mersey. My local team is Tranmere, who I followed and watched as a kid amd still hope to see do well. All my mates are either liverpool or Everton fans, Me? Man United through and through, always have, always will be. Why? Because this was the team I enjoyed watching growing up. My old man has turned 60 and has been a United supporter all his life, went to most home games in his 20's 30's and 40's.

He used to have all the European games on when they were on tele and the team of the 80's 90's just mesmorised me at a time when football was the only thing I ever wanted to do.

Who says you have to support your local team? And why are ALL non local supporting fans labeled 'glory supporters'

How many people have ever Cheered on 'El Nino' or 'the shark' or even sang the praised of Seve??? Non of them are local golfers eh?

Rant Over :D