Stats

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
looks pretty good actually, ive just downloaded the trial version and entered my last 4 rounds and the way it calculates everything is very impressive in terms of accuracy and speed...even more pleasing when it decides to lower my handicap :D I think I might invest in this, I love the way you can enter all the details of the courses you play!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I started using a freeware programme last year but because the detail entering was so laboured only entered a few rounds. Then read forum member's comments on Scoresaver and gave it a try. Old and recent rounds entered very quickly and a good programme i.m.h.o.

Playing a new course at the end of the week, weather permitting. Checked their web site and copied their score card and entered it onto the programme. Have now printed out a card for the course as in J_F's post ready to complete details as I go.

The stats provide immediate guidance as to what area of your game needs the most attention.

Disclaimer. Other golf stats programmes are also available.

Good Golfing
Scoresaver Southern Area sales Manager
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Joke Pete, joke

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've had Scoresaver for years and use it religiously.

The other Stats options are:
1. Record whatever you want with a spreadsheet
2. Use another piece of downloaded software. A simple google search for something like "Golf Stats Software" will give you some ideas
3. Use one of the many online websites such as golfshake or strokeaverage. Some are free, some charge an annual fee.
4. Do a Madandra and just count the number of balls lost (simple and cheap)
5. Ignore stats completely and focus on "Your Game"
6. Give up golf and take up knitting.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for this guys, it's been really helpful. I've had a look ar Scoresaver and liked it. This encouraged me to look at what was out there for free (cos I'm tight) and after doing some fairly comprehensive research, I came across Stats4golf.

After spending some time doing direct comparisons, I really couldn't justify spending £40 when this did quite a lot of what Scoresaver does but for free. It also does the odd thing that scoresaver doesn't. While it's a bit of a faff putting your various tees in, it's not that much of a hassle.

Worth a look if you are struggling to convince yourself to part with money for something as incredibly anal(ysis) as 'how-do-I-play' software!