Stand Bags

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
This recent wet weather has meant carrying has been preferred at my course. Having mainly used a trolley and cart bag in recent years, my carry bag is about 15 years old and hasn't been used much for a while other than trips to the range or practicing.

Considering buying a new carry bag for winter and trips to the range.

Any recommendations? Are more dividers or full length dividers a benefit (hate clubs rattling too much)? Waterproof - are they really, so is it worth it? Strap design - mine isn't that comfy. Weight - ideally as light as possible.

Any thoughts/experiences out there guys? Cheers.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I didn’t bother with waterproof on the basis that I can’t be bothered with an umbrella when I carry. So if it is more than drizzle I’ll use a trolley or give it a miss if there is a trolley ban.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Ping 4 series is the best bag I've ever had. If waterproof is a must, then check out titleist stadry 4up or sun mountain

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I was looking for a replacement 14 way bag a while back, ended up buying a Taylormade waterproof standbag with a 6 way divider.
As it turns out the 6 way rattles less as the club's sit on eachother while carrying while the 14 way suspends each club letting them swing back and forth hitting off eachother more.
The black/red model is the one I bought after Xmas with some discount.
s-l300.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If I was buying new, then it would have to be a waterproof model. Prefer not to carry if there is a chance of rain as many bags let water in so easily and if there's a trolley ban it's probably too wet to be playing anyway

G

guest100718

I've had my titleist stand bag for years . still going strong

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
If I was buying new, then it would have to be a waterproof model. Prefer not to carry if there is a chance of rain as many bags let water in so easily and if there's a trolley ban it's probably too wet to be playing anyway

Awesomely vague consumer advice there from someone who uses a trolley.
Christ the night.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Big no for the titleist 4up bag from me. Whilst it is waterproof, its far too small, with all the clubs getting jangled up down the bottom, and thats with me only having 12 clubs. I reckon itd be great for a 1/2 set or as a sunday bag

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lots of good bags out there - Ping Hoofer good and the Nike series are good. I currently have a Mizuno Waterproof Elite stand which is brilliant.