Stamping wedges

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Guys,

I'm thinking of having a go at stamping my initials on my wedges. Anyone had a go at this, as I know there are a few amateur club fitters here?

Any good\bad experiences to share? I've read all there is to be read on it on GolfWRX, but you know what those crazy Americans are like!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you have cast wedges I think you'll find they might be a little to hard to stamp. You might get away with it on forged clubs, but I guarantee if your using individual letter stamps it won't look very nice. What about getting them engraved? Or buy yourself a dremmel, get a diamond burr and engrave them yourself freehand (you will need a very steady hand for this).

But as the other poster asked...why?

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Theft is part of it, as there has been a bit of it going on in our neck of the woods recently, and as I live in a fairly rural the chances of me spotting them is slightly better than if I were still in London.

Plus, it gives a bit of individuality to the club, and would probably deter any would-be thieves (hopefully).

And, why not!! ;) I'm not planning on selling them, so shouldn't have issues on that front.

Putting_Green_Pro

Q-School Graduate
www.heyrosegolfclub.com
I am pretty sure Rory has done it with his wedges on the tour. He will have had someone else do them for him but he got some designs on them and look amazing. if it was simple to do i would try it on some of my older wedges and then possibly do it on the ones i play with

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Orka are offering this as an option on their new irons.

have you considered trying to get enamel paint to take in the punch mark? It might restore some protection to the broken surface finish and it could look smart. There again it could fall out the first time you hit the club.

if you have a good signature, why not get that engraved instead?

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
:D :D Good luck

It's hard enough stamping a soft, flat piece of metal held in a vice, and making a neat job of it, you will be surprised how hard you have to hit those stamps.

When stamping your not actually removing any metal your making an indent, so all around that indent, you will have metal raised.

I still think engraving is a better option if you want a neat job.