St Andrews Links membership

TigerBear

Visit site
Anyone a current member?

I assume you get all courses except the Old Course?

Looking to join but I hear there is quite a long waiting list at the moment.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes and it’s complicated. There are 17 types of tickets catering for adult, child and residence. Most can be Full or Restricted, only Full tickets permit play on the Old and Castle.

The simple view is a Full Open Links 7 day Ticket provides all courses to anyone anywhere in the world. I estimate (prices not yet published) one of those for the 2024 season is going to be upwards of £1300. Every adult combination discounts down from that.

Last I heard, a few months ago, there is a 7 to 10 year waiting list on the open links ticket.

TigerBear

Visit site
A few of my friends are members. As far as I know, you get all courses including the Old. Depending on where you stay determines the cost and length of waiting list. https://www.golfshake.com/news/view/18177/What_is_a_St_Andrews_Links_Ticket_And_How_Do_You_Get_One.html#:~:text=Effectively the golfing equivalent of,town courses throughout the year
Cheers Clive

Yes and it’s complicated. There are 17 types of tickets catering for adult, child and residence. Most can be Full or Restricted, only Full tickets permit play on the Old and Castle.

The simple view is a Full Open Links 7 day Ticket provides all courses to anyone anywhere in the world. I estimate (prices not yet published) one of those for the 2024 season is going to be upwards of £1300. Every adult combination discounts down from that.

Last I heard, a few months ago, there is a 7 to 10 year waiting list on the open links ticket.
I heard the same about the waiting list backlog. I'm Glasgow based so hopefully it's not £1300. Last year's full ticket was £875.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I heard the same about the waiting list backlog. I'm Glasgow based so hopefully it's not £1300. Last year's full ticket was £875.

Like I said, it’s complicated. Only if you’re a member of a recognised St Andrews club and live outside North East Fife, a full ordinary ticket is currently £861. No doubt it’s going to go up next year.

Bear in mind club membership is a separate endeavour with fees and waiting lists of their own. Our waiting list is currently closed for applications, such is the demand.

TigerBear

Visit site
Like I said, it’s complicated. Only if you’re a member of a recognised St Andrews club and live outside North East Fife, a full ordinary ticket is currently £861. No doubt it’s going to go up next year.

Bear in mind club membership is a separate endeavour with fees and waiting lists of their own. Our waiting list is currently closed for applications, such is the demand.
Cheers Jim. £100-odd or so is the rumoured waiting list fee. I'm going to contact them to confirm.
£875 for 5 days? The current Open Links Ticket is listed as £1155.
I'm a member of an affiliated club, I think, again in going to confirm with them :LOL: