Srixon Ultisoft

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you'd have mentioned this a month ago, Clubhouse golf were running a 4 for 3 offer on Srixon Ultisofts with free personalisation for £56!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a free box of these and tbh couldn't feel much difference to the AD333's

If I was going to take a punt it would be on the Bridgestone E6 soft.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
have you tried the Titleist DT Trusoft?

softest ball ive tried outside prem balls, putted nice and felt good of the club face, i got an extra club out of it in cold conditions carry. Looks pretty cheap too

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well the facts are...

Ultisoft is 2 piece, 338 dimples, 40 compression. Cover about 60"thou.

Within the Srixon range this formulae is repeated with both the AD333 and Soft Feel balls. Same cover material and composition, same dimples, tiny variation in thickness (they are all either 57 or 63"thou) but the core compression vary. Soft Feel is 60, AD333 is 75.

Callaway supersoft is same construction, compression down at 38.

Titelist DT true soft is again similar construction, compression isn't given in specs but best estimate is around 55. Cover and dimples tweaked in 2018 model.

Wilson DX2 is similar in compression and construction.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well the facts are...

Ultisoft is 2 piece, 338 dimples, 40 compression. Cover about 60"thou.

Within the Srixon range this formulae is repeated with both the AD333 and Soft Feel balls. Same cover material and composition, same dimples, tiny variation in thickness (they are all either 57 or 63"thou) but the core compression vary. Soft Feel is 60, AD333 is 75.

Callaway supersoft is same construction, compression down at 38.

Titelist DT true soft is again similar construction, compression isn't given in specs but best estimate is around 55. Cover and dimples tweaked in 2018 model.

Wilson DX2 is similar in compression and construction.
Where are you getting the compression numbers from? Is there some online source for this? I was googling it earlier and couldn't find anything.

The only one I actually know is that DX2 has the lowest compression around at 29, as they actually advertise that.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Where are you getting the compression numbers from? Is there some online source for this? I was googling it earlier and couldn't find anything.

The only one I actually know is that DX2 has the lowest compression around at 29, as they actually advertise that.
Manufacturers specs, with the exception of Titelist who don't publish facts, just repeat marketing material over and over again, where it came from a test source.
In the case of Wilson I somehow managed to use the compression spec from the DX3 Soft spin by mistake - thank you for picking that up. As you posted, the correct DX2 Soft compression is 29.

DCB

Visit site
I've played the Ulti soft since they came out. They were aimed at the slower swing and since I'm well in that category nowadays I thought I'd give them a go. I've been very happy with them as they seem to match up with my swing quite nicely. Easy to use around the green and putts well too. Cheap and cheerful and does what it says on the tin. Slightly better than the DX2 around the green from my experience of both of them.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Each to their own.
I think hitting an AD333 is like hitting a lump of stone.

Guess it all depends on your swing speed and how you compress the ball, I dislike balls with a compression higher than 70-80, as those to me are like hitting stone, so the AD333 and the Tour version feel great to me.

So yes, it is very much each to their own, I totally agree.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guess it all depends on your swing speed and how you compress the ball, I dislike balls with a compression higher than 70-80, as those to me are like hitting stone, so the AD333 and the Tour version feel great to me.

So yes, it is very much each to their own, I totally agree.
Yep, ultimately subjective.

For me the current 333 and 333Tour feel completely different, despite similar core compression (but the Tour is lower compression).
They have little in common other that the 338 dimple pattern! 3 v 2 pcs and a urethane v isonomer one.

Whatever gives you confidence is the one for you

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found some DX2 Optix in yellow for just under £10 a dozen so have ordered some to try. Seemed rude not to at that price.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Drive is the two piece but I found it surprisingly good
Yes it's a 2 piece (as are most ball models in numerical terms), but it's got a Surlyn cover, and a pretty thick one, and whilst it's claims to be a soft compression there's no data on what that really means.
Really hard to draw many parallels to the Ultisoft...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes it's a 2 piece (as are most ball models in numerical terms), but it's got a Surlyn cover, and a pretty thick one, and whilst it's claims to be a soft compression there's no data on what that really means.
Really hard to draw many parallels to the Ultisoft...
I would suggest there is very little similarities but given the choice I'd go Drive over the Ultisoft which I found unresponsive and dead off the club face especially the putter. Not one I liked and would rather go AD333 or AD333 tour from the Srixon range. I just thought given the reference to the Drive I'd give the OP a chance to view my own views