Srixon Ultisoft

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would suggest there is very little similarities but given the choice I'd go Drive over the Ultisoft which I found unresponsive and dead off the club face especially the putter. Not one I liked and would rather go AD333 or AD333 tour from the Srixon range. I just thought given the reference to the Drive I'd give the OP a chance to view my own views
But then again the OPs views are so clearly counter to yours regarding the Ultisoft that what you should probably have posted is "if you like the Ultisoft you should avoid the Vice drive..."

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
"given the choice I'd go Drive over the Ultisoft which I found unresponsive and dead off the club face"

Clearly there's room for shades of black and white in your vocabulary
Your missing the point trying to be smart. Just because I preferred the Drive and didn't like the Ultisoft doesn't mean others will find the same. It was my choice but its not black and white in the sense that Drive is better than Ultisoft. It's a personal choice thing

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Martin, it did seem like you were just trying to push your review.
Not intentionally but there are plenty of other Drive reviews out there. Just giving my views and evidence to back it up. Let's move back to the original point. Lots of low compression balls out there and while I didn't like the Ultisoft that's a personal preference. My advice would to simply get a sleeve and try them

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not intentionally but there are plenty of other Drive reviews out there. Just giving my views and evidence to back it up. Let's move back to the original point. Lots of low compression balls out there and while I didn't like the Ultisoft that's a personal preference. My advice would to simply get a sleeve and try them

So why didn't you post links to other Drive reviews.

I use the Ultisoft and asked if there were any deals or could a similar ball be recommended.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really like the Uti-soft’s... Only bought some because they were cheap, bright yellow and good for the winter. Ended up loving them. In regards to balls, I’ve let my usually pretentious self down badly.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found some DX2 Optix in yellow for just under £10 a dozen so have ordered some to try. Seemed rude not to at that price.
That was a mistake. The yellow ones go dull very quickly and become impossible to see against dying grass. Should have gone for orange.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
That was a mistake. The yellow ones go dull very quickly and become impossible to see against dying grass. Should have gone for orange.

3 for 2 on these at clubhouse golf. Not sure if it's online or just in store but £32 for 36 is decent

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Someone I played with had an orange one the other day. It was bloody awful to see.
Fair enough. Just reporting my findings as I went a bit mad for the Optix when they came out and ended up trying out three of the colours. :D Yellow I found didn't stand out at all against the grass making them very difficult to find. Pink ones were very easy to spot on the ground, but in the air they were too dark so I lost them mid-flight. Orange was a bit better in each regard. Bright enough to see them on the ground, and not so dark as to lose them in flight.