Srixon Divide Balls

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Has anyone had a chance to use them yet? I had my first round the other day. Putting is noticeably better and they are SO bright.

However spin into greens was noticeably down, distance was down with the driver strangely. Does this match up with your experience?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I found a yellow/blue one...used it for a couple of holes and gave it to Fragger. Didn't like anything about it
In the rough, with only the blue side facing up, its virtually impossible to see.
I imagine people will be lining up putts like they do with a sharpie line on the ball..?
And watch it wiggle down the track towards the hole....
Ping tried it years ago and I think there's a reason the nobody else did.......

G1z1

Visit site
I have used them for a while but only on my sim. Haven’t noticed them going less distance and they feel nice to hit but then I do think srixon balls are the best.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Use one for putting practice but wouldn't play with one I've decided. Heard mixed reviews regarding performance on the course (Imurg backs up other reports) but great for putting and ensuring the stroke makes the ball go end over end

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve got of 4 yellow/orange.

I’ve played it against a ProV in a 2 ball scramble. It’s not as long as the V with a driver but comparable with my irons.

Spin was hard to judge as the greens are soft.

It felt ok, including off the putter.

I did like the alignment and feedback aspect of it when putting, and the colour difference wasn’t off putting on other shots.

It is bloody bright though. My daughter commented that it looked like it was CGI’d rather than a real ball.

It’s a decent ball, but I’d probably not play it in the summer if it still have up distance.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Why is putting better? Do you just mean using the half and half line as an alignment aid?

I normally have a sharpie mark on my v1x's the whole way round. I was rolling putts all day, but when these miss there's no doubt it's just a pants read!

I've used ad333 over winter with no issue, but these are noticeably odd off the big stick.

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
I have used them for a while but only on my sim. Haven’t noticed them going less distance and they feel nice to hit but then I do think srixon balls are the best.

How big is your sim? Usually it's only 5 yards from mat to net, so I don't think distance is going to be a factor :LOL:

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
I've bought some for use with the Juniors on the putting green and for chipping (so they can see how the ball reacts / easier to line up) and think that they're great. I've only used one on the course and found it to be a nice mid range ball, distance seemed about right for me and they felt good off every club.
I've got the orange and yellow ones and found that they are really easy to see - I would imagine that the blue and yellow version would be a right pain if it wasn't on the fairway though and landed blue side up!
The only real downside I can find at the minute is that they get dirty very easily and take a bit of cleaning as the mud seems to adhere really well to the matt finish.

Otherwise I'm quite impressed with them

Grizzly

Visit site
I'm not sure if my rather patchy standard of golf makes me the best ball reviewer but for me, these are a very decent option for the money (at least at sub £30 a dozen - not sure I'd be as happy paying close to the RRP on them). I bought a box of each colourway when they first reached the UK and I reckon I may well go back for the red/yellow option again - they are the yellow/orange are best as they never have the issue with disappearing in rough that affects the blue ones.

Pros - price, durability is excellent, and they are great for showing how well you have struck the ball.

Cons - short game spin appears low, if you are good enough for that to matter, and its a real pain when the rotation of the ball proves that your putt didn't just hit some horrendous spike and deviate massively!