Sporting Achievements

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
10.2 overs, 2 Maidens, 23 runs 10 wickets..
Widmerpool End v Wheeler End
Wycombe Village League about 1981...

My finest hour....

That’s impressive!

8 for 15 was my best return in a league match. Once managed an all bowled hatrick, which I was rather proud of.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That’s impressive!

8 for 15 was my best return in a league match. Once managed an all bowled hatrick, which I was rather proud of.
Very decent Sir.
My debut in the Mid Bucks League the next year saw me get 7-31 and earn my Club Cap first time out....
Never managed the hat-trick or the ton for that matter...88 out or 83 not out were my best...

Billysboots

Visit site
Very decent Sir.
My debut in the Mid Bucks League the next year saw me get 7-31 and earn my Club Cap first time out....
Never managed the hat-trick or the ton for that matter...88 out or 83 not out were my best...

We won’t discuss my batting ?

Billysboots

Visit site
Batted at 12 like me? I was decent wicket keeper in my times and had 3 stumpings in one game. Couldn't bat although I did my be Leach impression (including the glasses) to bat out for a draw in a league game for 6 overs

As a junior I was a steady bat. But when I started playing 2nd XI and then 1st XI fixtures my captains all assumed, because I was a tall opening bowler, I wouldn’t know which end of a bat to hold. The lack of time at the crease eventually told.

England could have learned from that fundamental mistake!! Practice makes perfect. Sitting on one’s backside for weeks on end, on the other hand ?

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I believe it’s 300, but I’m not sure how it’s achieved. I do know it’s not knocking all 10 down 30 times in a row.
A strike is 10+what you score on the next two shots, so a strike in frame's one, two & three, gives you 30 for frame one - it's why you get three goes in frame 10, so you can score 30 for it and get 300.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Unbeaten season like Arsenal has done. When it is in a meaningful league. Of course you could ask that they have won everything, but unbeaten hasn't been matched yet.
Grand Slam doesn't happen too often either.
If we are talking about the “invincibles”. That first landmark title goes to Preston North End 1888-89. They Actually went ALL season without being defeated winning the cup double. Arsenal lost 4 games the season they claimed the ” invincibles” tag.
A fantastic feat non the less.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If we are talking about the “invincibles”. That first landmark title goes to Preston North End 1888-89. They Actually went ALL season without being defeated winning the cup double. Arsenal lost 4 games the season they claimed the ” invincibles” tag.
A fantastic feat non the less.
To be perfect though a team would need to win every game. Take that a step further, win every game without conceding a goal.

Going unbeaten is a very impressive achievement but it is not the ultimate in a way some of the other achievements are.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And I think I’m correct in saying it’s not as rare as you would think.

Not at all rare you just have to the Weber Cup matches between America and Europe and you should see a few.

From the web
Peter Weber himself bowled 85 of them in his professional career.