Sporting Achievements

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Unbeaten season like Arsenal has done. When it is in a meaningful league. Of course you could ask that they have won everything, but unbeaten hasn't been matched yet.
Grand Slam doesn't happen too often either.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What is a perfect game in baseball?

A pitcher retiring all 27 batters without ANYONE getting on base. Even a walk or fielding error would negate the perfect game. A game without a base hit is a no-hitter.
There have now been 23 perfect games in major league baseball history, the last by Felix Hernandez against my Tampa Bay Rays in 2013.

There was one in 2010 when Armando Galarraga of Detroit had 26 consecutive outs but the final runner was called safe at first by mistake by umpire Jim Joyce. He was mortified when he realised the error after the game and this ultimately led to instant replay being introduced into the game.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Best I ever did was a shutout in 1993 against the German champions, the Krezau Red Lions in a tournament at Crawley. I think they had two hits the entire game and one of them was a fluke. Easily the best "stuff" or form I ever had in my career on the mound.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Unbeaten season like Arsenal has done. When it is in a meaningful league. Of course you could ask that they have won everything, but unbeaten hasn't been matched yet.

Pfffft! come back when they've won the league unbeaten AND the FA Cup without conceding a goal... in the same season!

PNE were the real invincibles ?.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Id imagine Olympic shooting has a "perfect score" to some extent? Im not an expert in the world of shooting however!

Archery possibly the same - although really its just giant darts isnt it! :ROFLMAO:

Gymnastics possibly?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I think getting 10 wickets in an innings has to be the greatest sporting achievement, especially if your brother was bowling at the other end and got bugger all..:whistle::ROFLMAO:
My brother and I once shared ten, taking five each. Looked great in the scorebook, as our scorer used surname only for the bowler, with no initial.

I still claim a 10-for thirty years later.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My brother and I once shared ten, taking five each. Looked great in the scorebook, as our scorer used surname only for the bowler, with no initial.

I still claim a 10-for thirty years later.
10.2 overs, 2 Maidens, 23 runs 10 wickets..
Widmer End v Wheeler End
Wycombe Village League about 1981...

My finest hour....

Last edited: