Spikes

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have been very fortunate that you haven't slipped whilst wearing plastic spikes ,I slipped once and spent 17months signed off work because of it
The reality is you will never know if that would have happened with metal spikes as well. It may have been a perfect storm that created the circumstances for the slip.

We can all only go off our own experiences, mine have been fine, yours not so. Hope all is okay now 👍

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
The reality is you will never know if that would have happened with metal spikes as well. It may have been a perfect storm that created the circumstances for the slip.

We can all only go off our own experiences, mine have been fine, yours not so. Hope all is okay now 👍
Metal spikes would not have slipped in my case as I stepped on a railway sleeper. The spikes would have gripped, the plastics just slipped.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Metal spikes would not have slipped in my case as I stepped on a railway sleeper. The spikes would have gripped, the plastics just slipped.
Okay. Bit harsh to blame the spikes mind. Golf shoes aren't really designed for railway sleepers to be fair. I'm tempted to ask why you were on a railway sleeper but perhaps we will just let that go 😄

Thankfully there are no railway sleepers on my course, phew 😁

D

Deleted member 3432

i find that the metal spikes ice up really quickly so have switched to spikeless, which just don't ice up at all

Metal definately better round ours, artifical turf paths around teeing areas freeze over and some of the paths are a decent gradient which can be lethal when its frozen.

Plasitic type spikes not so good in those conditions, metals give decent grip.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
i find that the metal spikes ice up really quickly so have switched to spikeless, which just don't ice up at all
Last winter I found spikeless ok on grass but if we had a bare patch - and most places had a lot of bare patches after the summer - I could barely stand up in spikeless, let alone make a swing.