Spectate at challenge tour event

kandrew

Visit site
Has anyone spectated at a challenge tour event ? I presume it's quiet and easy to wonder around compared to a European tour event.

I only ask as it looks like I will have a few hours spare when they play Luton in a couple of weeks.

Andrew

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Has anyone spectated at a challenge tour event ? I presume it's quiet and easy to wonder around compared to a European tour event.

I only ask as it looks like I will have a few hours spare when they play Luton in a couple of weeks.

Andrew

Was at Spey Valley last year and it was pretty quiet spectator wise. Never once did I not see any shot or player I wanted to see. It is more structured than Open Qualifying was at Glasgow Gailes where I could walk anywhere and on fairways too.

Spey had areas roped off and marshalls out but it's a good way to see some great quality golf.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having just watched highlights from the Northern Ireland tournament on the box I reckon it depends on where the venue is.

Smaller crowds that a ET event but still quite a lot in some places.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site

Andrew

I went to watch it last year at Luton Hoo, took my little boy who was three at the time, they were encouraging it as a family friendly event and it was great. Not too busy and even helped the players with finding balls and stuff a couple of times, they were all very friendly and my son got about 5 balls from the group we followed.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very very few spectators. It's good though as you can get up close.

Open qualifying is very good too for a free day out and to see it from kind of inside the ropes. Quite often there's dramatic finishes and play offs too

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Galgorm castle host the ni open challenge, I’ve been a member there a long time, crowds are bigger than some other events. They have dropped as when it first came people were excited about it, now, not so much. I was there on the Friday and Saturday and it was quiet, the Sunday, better weather, and the crowds were decent. I took my 8 year old who is getting into golf, we watched 3 groups come through in 40mins. It’s painfully slow. But if you don’t mind that you should be able to watch good young golfers coming through

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Personally would love to see a little bit more of this covered.

I am always following it to look out for how some of the Scottish boys are doing. Grant Forrest and David Law currently looking good to qualify. With a few more putting themselves in contention if they can find a big finish.

I imagine they are looking for a headline sponsor to name the tour after, such as the Web.com or Stay Sure tour.