sparks fly

ianmc

Club Champion
Visit site
ive just had my second round with my new ping 10 and hit it really solidly hit 12 out of 14 fairway with good distance too my question is on about 5 or 6 holes i had sparks fly off the clubface this happened a few times with my g5 also and my playing partner today who also has a ping driver said his had also did this in the past.has anyone else experienced this and know what causes it?would be grateful if anyone can answer this as me and my mate are baffled thanks.ian mc

B

birdieman

yes see this all the time, it's just tiny bits of grit I expect that get between the clubface and the ball or tee.

ianmc

Club Champion
Visit site
thanks birdieman is it at all damaging to the clubface.ive never seen this in any other driver apart from pings.ian mc

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had sparks off my taylormade driver. Rarely but not unknown. Theres no porblem with it as far as I'm aware, I asked my pro when it happened for the first time, and he said his driver (don't know what it was) does the same thing and not to worry.

julsk10

Head Pro
Visit site
I was playing a course on Sunday with a society and every tee box was just sand. This was ok on par threes but it makes a mess off the bottom of driver, my new taylormade cgb has now scratches on the bottom of it,(although the dark colouring doesn't help, probably not as bad on a normal silver coloured bottom). The most annoying thing was that there was enough space to have a different tee position every day of the week for a month on most holes.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get these sparks all the time....in a Sunday match the other day, my mate made some wise crack joke about it, we all laughed for ages. I had to re-group then hit the shot....(disaster pull) ..it's a titanium/mat thing. Still seems kind of "cool"" though!!

mboy1980

Club Champion
Visit site
The G10 is a great driver.

I got one recently custom fitted.I ended up with the 9 degree draw model with a stiff Prolaunch Red shaft.I am hitting it straight and for miles.