Southwest KING OF KINGS

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well im a member of a little 9 hole 2000yd course. The greens are small and not wide fairways and longest hole of 383yds uphill. Im now playing my first links golf at Burnham and berrow, in february, in a medal. Thats like learning to swim across the English channel :D. Whatever happens though im going to enjoy it :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well im a member of a little 9 hole 2000yd course. The greens are small and not wide fairways and longest hole of 383yds uphill. Im now playing my first links golf at Burnham and berrow, in february, in a medal. Thats like learning to swim across the English channel :D. Whatever happens though im going to enjoy it :thup:

Playing a course as you describe, and off 12, I would think you will be more than fine on a links track, its all about plotting your way around so the narrow fairways your used to will stand you in good stead. I've played a lot of links courses last year, Formby. West Lancs, Silloth on Solway, Hoylake, Royal Porthcawl, St Annes Old Links to name just a few, some in horrendous weather (rain & wind 30mph+), so, if I can cope with that off 20, it will be a breeze for you :thup:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing a course as you describe, and off 12, I would think you will be more than fine on a links track, its all about plotting your way around so the narrow fairways your used to will stand you in good stead. I've played a lot of links courses last year, Formby. West Lancs, Silloth on Solway, Hoylake, Royal Porthcawl, St Annes Old Links to name just a few, some in horrendous weather (rain & wind 30mph+), so, if I can cope with that off 20, it will be a breeze for you :thup:

Don't forget your recent handicap certificate on the day:D

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Alright chaps, just seen this thread...

If you haven't played B&B before this is a really good read

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/in-my-opinion/burnham-berrow-golf-club/

albeit the course is a little longer now, i think this was written a few years back
Thanks for that. Makes very interesting reading. Lots of concentration needed.

Great Post timchump!

looks like I will be leaving the rescue at home and taking a 2 iron just for the first tee shot!
It will have to be driver for me. Should be interesting in front of the clubhouse on a windy day !

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bit quiet here so a cheeky bump is in order.

Is everything still as per the tee times above as that was before the cut-off date?

Hope the weather holds, I've got a chalet for 3 days with HID and the dog in tow :smirk:

where you staying Fish? I have shamelessly copied the plan (although with my HID and my dog) Chalet party?:cheers:

We are at Wall Eden Farm (.co.uk)

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
D

Deleted Member 1156

Not sure why it has to be a medal, does it really matter how you decide the winner? Trust me, there is going to be a lot of walking back to the tee! Stableford is the sensible option.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Sounds like a challenge!

If it's playing longer than 450y then then par will have to be made with an up and down

:rofl:

I played in their scratch event last April. The 1st is 380 yards off the back tees and 369 off the yellow plates. Straight into the wind the green was out of reach for a lot of people. If it's blowing you might be trying to get up and down from 100 yards :whistle: