Southern Water hacked

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had an email from Southern Water (looks genuine), which says they have been attacked and had personal info taken.
Check your emails if you are with Southern Water.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had an email from Southern Water (looks genuine), which says they have been attacked and had personal info taken.
Check your emails if you are with Southern Water.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Southern Water may well have been, but it looks like the email I got is a scam fishing for personal details.
Hovering over the logo and links within do not say Southern Water, or Experian.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Southern Water may well have been, but it looks like the email I got is a scam fishing for personal details.
Hovering over the logo and links within do not say Southern Water, or Experian.

Sounds like they got your email in that attach and thus the emails start ..

I get those emails from variable companies every week

Report every one of them

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Up to half a million Southern Water customers are to be warned that their data may have been stolen as part of a Russian-linked cyber attack.

The utilities company admitted on Tuesday that as many as 10pc of its 4.7m customers across Kent, Sussex, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight might have been caught up in a hack, which was discovered on Jan 23.

“We continue to work with our expert technical advisers to confirm whose data is at risk,” Southern said. “Our initial assessment is that this is the case for some of our customers and current and former employees.”

A Russian hacking group quickly claimed responsibility for the cyber attack after it emerged a fortnight ago. The gang, calling itself Black Basta, posted a link claiming to have stolen data from Southern on its dark web hacking forum.

Southern had originally claimed it had “no evidence” that its customers or financial systems had been impacted, before admitting on Tuesday that up to 465,000 customers may have been victims, as well as many of its 2,000 staff.