Southern Meeting Old Thorns Golf Club, Liphook, Hampshire.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Does anybody in the "South" fancy meeting up for a pre-Christmas game at the above golf course?
Old Thorns Golf Club are offering a special "fourball winter warmer" at the moment at a cost of £119.00 per fourball. This includes coffee on arrival, 18 holes of golf followed by a meal.
Not bad value at all as it works out at just under £30.00 per player and the course is a really good one.
I have been in touch with Old Thorns this morning, they have some teeing off times available on either Sunday 30th November (10.44am) or Sunday 14th December (10.36am).
I cannot provisionally book the tees, they require full payment "up front" and I'm not prepared to lay out that sort of money on my credit card unless I know we can get at least four players, possibly 8.
If you are definitely interested, could you let me know on this thread please, with your preferred date as well.
Due to the popularity of this offer, I can't hang around too long before contacting the club again.
The clubs website is here,
http://www.oldthorns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101&Itemid=128

I have played this course on a number of occasions, and have always enjoyed it. It's a good layout.
Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Ok i'll run by missus and confirm later. Prefer Nov though?

To be honest, I would prefer the November date out of the two but if hapless and sammmeBee can both make the 14th December we are well on our way to getting the 8..
I've got a couple of mates who may well be interested but I will avoid mentioning it to them for a week or so just in case we get the right numbers from the site.
Rob

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sorry guys HID has put her foot down. Even offering to take her to the spa for some pampering has failed t sweeten the deal. Enjoy though and if we get another organised I'll hopefully be able to join you. Sadly we are sailing our fiscal ship through some turbulent waters at present and can't really get away with th ecost.

flandango

Head Pro
Visit site
Guys just off out for a beer so i'll quickly let you know where I am.

I am OUT for the 14th DEC

But I can defo do Nov date? i'll wait to see what happens with everyone else.

I'll be back on later.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well it's looking like 30th November is the favoured date....I'm just sorry that some people are going to have to miss out but if I wait too long to contact the club we will lose the tee I fear.
So 30th November tee off 10.44 & 10.52 (two fourballs) and so far we have confirmed...

Smiffy
Murphthemog
SammmeBee
flandango

Any more?
If we can't get 8 I will just reserve one tee slot for the four so far.
Rob

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well well well,would you believe I have in my hot and sweaty hand a certificate for a free midweek 4 ball at ???

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it's looking like 30th November is the favoured date....I'm just sorry that some people are going to have to miss out but if I wait too long to contact the club we will lose the tee I fear.
So 30th November tee off 10.44 & 10.52 (two fourballs)

Won't go down too well with HID but if numbers can get up to 7 (come on guys and girls) then I will def make up No 8