Sound bar recommendation

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got the Onkyo TX-NR636 and it is brilliant. Sound quality and functionality is out of this world for the price paid (£499). Its network capability is excellent as well as NFS and Bluetooth enabled.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
off to get that soundbar (Yamaha one you recommended)- anything needed on a sound bar Greig in your opinion that the Yamaha cheap one doesnt have or do?

G

guest100718

i looked at sound bars, ended up going the AV receiver and speakers route in the end.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Is Bose within price range? They do a pretty impressive sounding one, not sure what features it has though compared to other makes.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
off to get that soundbar (Yamaha one you recommended)- anything needed on a sound bar Greig in your opinion that the Yamaha cheap one doesnt have or do?

In all honesty the only thing I think it lacks is a bit more bass than it has. Its adequate for a small to medium sized space but anything over 20 sq m the bass will struggle.
Hard to say if it doesnt have things more expensive ones have, it has route through remote which some deaer ones dont have.

For its price its impressive, is it as good as its bigger brothers and sisters? No, but thats to be expected.
As mentioned above, Bose do a good system but at just south of a grand its not for everyone.

Just been in to RS in Edinburgh this morning, picked up a set of Tannoy Mercury V1 standmounts to act as high fronts and they are unreal, at £70 its pointless spending £300 and above for comparable sounds (comparing them to my front mains which are Dali the mid range and higher frequency differencies are negligible).