Someone Is Listening To Me.....

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
They've Nicked My Idea

Just who is listening to me?????? Every idea I have ever had within two years, poof there it is!!!!! Admittedly my idea was to use personal mobiles to save on costs to clubs, but hey when you're Carnoustie you've got shed loads and can purchase your own devices to give out.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
"The Open Championship venue revealed that they managed to increase their average round time by 16 minutes..."

That has to be a typo surely? :LOL:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i think its been around longer than 2 years we tested it last year as our new Club Sec was from Carnoustie and they had used it the year before and its been in use in the US for some time

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Jeez talk about big brother, don't get me wrong I'm no fan of slow play but I hate all this "track you wherever you are technology". If I go to Carnoustie again it may just fall out of my bag.

D

Deleted member 25172

Jeez talk about big brother, don't get me wrong I'm no fan of slow play but I hate all this "track you wherever you are technology". If I go to Carnoustie again it may just fall out of my bag.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you...

Personally, no issue with the tag what so ever.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
yeah great its a GPS tag, they will know its you (one tag per group) and find it easy enough.

great way of checking the course is flowing OK and where the hold ups are and who it is

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
As the comment on the article says, this is old tech (well not new anyway) I've been using carts with pace/GPS updates for 10 years and I doubt that was their first use. It still needs the data to then be used correctly for this (or any) system to be effective