SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!

sammyboy

Visit site
I'm not an expert but I do understand the ball flight laws. How can you hit it straight right without the swing path being in to out? Also, in picture 1 it looks to me that the ball is too far back in the stance.

The video is at an angle that's why. And the ball is perfectly in the middle of his stance.

I won't say anything more as this bobmac guy looks like he regularly forgets more than I'll ever know about swinging a club (not sure if he is a pro but if he is I'd be tempted to have a lesson with him if he was local).

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The video is at an angle that's why. And the ball is perfectly in the middle of his stance.

I won't say anything more as this bobmac guy looks like he regularly forgets more than I'll ever know about swinging a club (not sure if he is a pro but if he is I'd be tempted to have a lesson with him if he was local).

Which, for me, is too far back.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The ball flight says so. The ball starts right so the face is open to the target line. It goes straight so the face is square to swing path. Surely this is the only way to get a straight push.

Assuming it is a straight push (we don't know for sure), what would you suggest the OP does?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Thanks Sammy, I was a teaching pro for 15 years but retired now.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I would try playing the ball just a little further forward. I would have said strengthen the grip but you reckon it's already strong. I couldn't hit a 7 iron from where he has the ball in his stance, it would 100% go right.

And what about his long clubs and mainly driver, I assume the OP isn't hitting his driver from that position

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at the static positions Bob has posted, is the issue not that shoulder turn on the down swing is a little too vertical? Pic 3 in particular.

https://rebelliongolf.com/tha-angle-of-the-shoulder-turn-is-everything/

This is what causes the need to flip in my opinion (and monte agrees).

Get that right shoulder feeling like it goes at the ball and I think the need to flip goes away with it.

As I posted above, I’m no pro but had the same shot shape and this is what sorted it for me.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Which, for me, is too far back.
What? He's hitting a seven iron.
How is middle of the stance too far back?

Also, re ball flight.
IMHO, from what I've read - The ball will go initially off the Club face in the direction in which the club face is facing, irrespective of swingpath.
It's flight further on will be influenced by the swingpath.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sure you’re not hitting them straight, and aiming too far right?

I have to work on my aim quite a bit, as I sometimes end up aiming my body at the target, rather than parallel to it.
H'mm. That should only mean that you are a couple of feet away from your intended target!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
What? He's hitting a seven iron.
How is middle of the stance too far back?

Also, re ball flight.
IMHO, from what I've read - The ball will go initially off the Club face in the direction in which the club face is facing, irrespective of swingpath.
It's flight further on will be influenced by the swingpath.

You're correct re. ball flight, its what I said above.

As far as address is concerned I think the modern view is to play the ball further forward. By placing the ball too far back you nullify the bounce on the club, which requires a much more precise strike. I've just looked at my copy of Stan Utley's "The art of the short game". There's a photo of him hitting a wedge pitch & the address is nearer his left foot than the middle.