Some times I am just bad company

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I need help, I am not rude, I just have little to say. I enjoy my golf and yes I grumble occasionally but most the time I take it on the chin. But god knows small talk is not my thing.. I don’t remember jokes, I am okay at banter ... but I must just be boring

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You don't have to be a wise cracking, life and soul type of guy to be good company - just be yourself

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some people prefer that to playing with someone who is wisecracking every 2 minutes. You just have to find your right group where you fit in. (Or maybe you've already found it.) There is room for everyone in golf somewhere. (y)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I need help, I am not rude, I just have little to say. I enjoy my golf and yes I grumble occasionally but most the time I take it on the chin. But god knows small talk is not my thing.. I don’t remember jokes, I am okay at banter ... but I must just be boring
I'm not allowed to talk at home but I make up for it by gibbering a lot and telling jokes on the course, so better not put your name down to play alongside me :ROFLMAO:

Mandofred

Visit site
When I'm really stinking the course up......I clam up to avoid whining too much. If I'm talking.....things are going ok. If I'm staring off into space.....I'm trying not to walk off the course.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I’d much rather be in a group with a quieter person rather than hearing this for the 5000th time… 'Mate did you hear what I said? I said that’s a Sally Gunnell that is …… …… …… '
:rolleyes:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to play inter club scratch comps and I was partnered by a chap who just talked. All I was required to do was just chuck in a yeah , oh dear, nice , well done mate, go for it ... I guess we were perfect he used to wind others up. I was just called the spaceman .. read into that what you will .. guess I was mentally elsewhere

RandomReload

Visit site
I see it like this, there’s always going to be the one guy that tells all the jokes and stories, but he’d be nothing without the others to laugh and banter back about them.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

But when you are bad company, you write some fine songs.
If you're under 55.........

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

My family talk, lots!! My wife is very quiet by comparison. One of her many charms!!!

Old saying........ "better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it!" ...might have been Abe Lincoln :)