Some Pointers For A New Club Member?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I believe there is also an app that you can install on your phone (Android and Apple) provided by the R&A, its the Rules of Golf, very useful to have and to find out information quickly.

There is also a RandA book that has pictures in, which I found immensely helpful rather than just reading lots of text. My felt tips ran out, after chapter 4 though.:D

They also have an online academy that cost £10 to take the test, which was interesting, but better to read the rules in pictures book first.

G

guest100718

Well if you know best why don't you enlighten him rather than act like you are. You must be a bundle of fun to be grouped with on a golf course if how you behave on here mirrors that.

Who are you?

Senseicads

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can I add another, which is learn how to fill out a competition scorecard. No one ever explained this to me and first competition we just filled it out as per our normal friendly match with the names in a and b and what not. We didn't realise that the card is my card that gets handed to someone else and the b player is only used in pairs comps. We ended up with me being disqualified as my score was in column b. sigh...so much confusion and everyone just seems to assume you will know!

Cheers

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can I add another, which is learn how to fill out a competition scorecard. No one ever explained this to me and first competition we just filled it out as per our normal friendly match with the names in a and b and what not. We didn't realise that the card is my card that gets handed to someone else and the b player is only used in pairs comps. We ended up with me being disqualified as my score was in column b. sigh...so much confusion and everyone just seems to assume you will know!

Cheers
That's a good tip mate. Exactly the kind of thing that would have tripped me up probably. So was it simply that you should have put your own scores in the 'markers score' column?

Senseicads

Assistant Pro
Visit site
no you fill out a card with your name as player a. fill all the bits and pieces in about handicap and which tee you are using and date of comp and all that. This is your score card. You hand this to whoever is marking you. they fill in the marker column and the player a column(your score). at the end of the round you both sign it to say its accurate. You in the mean time will in all likelihood be the marker for someone else's card that they have handed to you. it is your responsibility to fill in these scores.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
no you fill out a card with your name as player a. fill all the bits and pieces in about handicap and which tee you are using and date of comp and all that. This is your score card. You hand this to whoever is marking you. they fill in the marker column and the player a column(your score). at the end of the round you both sign it to say its accurate. You in the mean time will in all likelihood be the marker for someone else's card that they have handed to you. it is your responsibility to fill in these scores.
I see! Cheers for that.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

As an add on to this, as far as putting in the scores, you MUST put in the gross score for each hole. You can put the Stableford score (if playing Stableford that is) in another column but that is not necessary. Therefore do not worry about working out Stableford points correctly as that is sorted out by the computer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As an add on to this, as far as putting in the scores, you MUST put in the gross score for each hole. You can put the Stableford score (if playing Stableford that is) in another column but that is not necessary. Therefore do not worry about working out Stableford points correctly as that is sorted out by the computer.
That's cool, Stableford points is not something I usually bother with anyway.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have a chat with the pro and see if he can sort you out a game with some of the members that are of a similar standard. There is bound to be a role up you could get involved with and that would be the best way to make plenty of new golfing friends.