Solheim Cup Picture, what were they thinking?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
64436306_23843424709230721_6231289877619539968_n.png.jpg

The text that goes with this is The most exciting event in women's golf is taking place at Gleneagles in September.

Could they look any less excited? What a dreadful, grim picture. Smile people, smile.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They've got their game faces on, this is what 99% of sporting pictures look like. What about on Sky Sports when they put the footy team line-ups and they look like the reformation of song long-forgotten boyband? :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
64436306_23843424709230721_6231289877619539968_n.png.jpg

The text that goes with this is The most exciting event in women's golf is taking place at Gleneagles in September.

Could they look any less excited? What a dreadful, grim picture. Smile people, smile.

Think its supposed to symbolise them going into battle but I do agree it looks dour. Not sure about that guy extreme left of the picture. Has his neck been lengthened by African tribal bands. Looks a very bad photoshop

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think its supposed to symbolise them going into battle but I do agree it looks dour. Not sure about that guy extreme left of the picture. Has his neck been lengthened by African tribal bands. Looks a very bad photoshop
I do dislike the 'battle' theme that they do for the Ryder Cup and for this. Is it any wonder fans get riled up when that is the tone from the official promo's?

I do get the game face idea but I think this is so heavily touched up, so miserable that they have taken it too far.

Wolf

Visit site
Yeah my assumption is its game face time to do battle..

However comes across more as resting bitch face, about to tell there other halves off for doing something wrong 😂 you know we've all seen that face many times..

It really doesn't inspire a desire to watch the event at all, I'd rather see something more upbeat and sporting than this.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah my assumption is its game face time to do battle..

However comes across more as resting bitch face, about to tell there other halves off for doing something wrong 😂 you know we've all seen that face many times..

It really doesn't inspire a desire to watch the event at all, I'd rather see something more upbeat and sporting than this.
Is that the face your other half pulled when you mentioned your missing service documents and her attempts to "tidy"

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
There definitely needs to be a more fun element to it, rather than all this serious stuff. It makes it look grim, something to be endured, rather than enjoyed.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm just glad the South Koreans aren't illegible to play or Maria Fassi, we have a chance.
Apparently only one of the worlds top 10 will be the competition, based on current rankings. Interesting how the womens game is so different to the mens game in that sense, the dominance of South Korean women in particular.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Apparently only one of the worlds top 10 will be the competition, based on current rankings. Interesting how the womens game is so different to the mens game in that sense, the dominance of South Korean women in particular.

Yeah, off topic but I reckon the national service for the blokes must hamper their achievements somewhat

Wolf

Visit site
Possibly although it has not affected their footballers. I assume that women are not eligible for National Service?
I may be wrong but I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that if footballers are representing the national team in a major tournament then the government can/do waive that players national service as they're representing the country in another way.

Think it was during the last Asian couple of the players were at PL teams and were told if they made the national team they get their service waived. But that was only because it was a major event year, so I'm guessing that would also apply to World Cup and Olympic years provided they qualify. You luck out though of your on an odd year there is nothing..

Would assume that doesn't apply to golfers though as there is nothing really that individually or collectively as a nation gets them represented as a nation

Edit: murph beat me to it, I believe it was Son that was referenced at the Asia games

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, off topic but I reckon the national service for the blokes must hamper their achievements somewhat
Possibly although it has not affected their footballers. I assume that women are not eligible for National Service?
You say that but Heung-Min Son had to jump through hoops to get out of it (well, win a tournament to get an exemption). For the non-world class players I believe there is a club in the Korean league that you can play for while doing your national service. I don't have all the details of how it works though.

There was a Korean male golfer who returned a year or two ago from his service wasn't there? Having not swung a club in a year. Can't remember who it was though.