Solheim Cup 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

And another thread heads towards the toilet..........Fish I owe you an apology and a beer😃

D

Deleted member 15344

Lol.
I'm not allowed to own a TV and speak as a long time TV viewer?
Frankly I think the Solheim Cup antics are boring, very boring.

And having worked inside the ropes at more than one LPGA event all week, I believe that many of them earn /are paid far too much.

Wow.

D

Deleted member 15344

Im not 100% sure to be honest but you made it out you didn't think they got paid at all and played in the Solheim Cup for the love of the game or Country.
Not picking an argument but who plays for nothing.

I just said they go out and earn their winnings as opposed to being "paid" - ie like a wage

I don't understand how someone in golf is "overpaid" as such because they are competing for prize money - as opposed to footballers for example who get paid regardless of how they perform

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just said they go out and earn their winnings as opposed to being "paid" - ie like a wage

I don't understand how someone in golf is "overpaid" as such because they are competing for prize money - as opposed to footballers for example who get paid regardless of how they perform

That's a good point they will only get paid on performance in individual comps but I suspect everyone is paid a fee for making the team and then paid additionally for winning or losing.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's a good point they will only get paid on performance in individual comps but I suspect everyone is paid a fee for making the team and then paid additionally for winning or losing.

Im not sure about the Solhiem - it might be the same for the Ryder Cup but I thought there was no payments at all to players ?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well i for one am looking forward to it 30 mins form my house, ill be there, us men can learn a lot from watching ladies golf

robert.redmile

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very interesting comments, three.
lots of debate in sport, and society in general about womans pay.
some might say that to pay the women tennis players the same at Wimbledon, for an hours "work" in the final (best of 3), getting battered by serena, with around half the viewers and interest the men's final generates is fair.
others might say it's ludicrous.
lots of debate around the "low" wages the women premier league footballers get paid - with average attendance of around 700 (that's not a typo), and a recent World Cup, where the semi finals were played in half empty stadiums, it's an interesting debate as to what they should get paid.
as for the girl golfers, I've always thought they are fantastic, and loved watching them.
as always, the market will,decide the rates of pay, and it usually gets it right.
cheers, rob

D

Deleted member 17920

Great to see Gleneagles has been chosen as the Host for the 2019 Solheim Cup.
Brilliant news for Scotland again, hope they get good attendances.

bet its more sensibly priced than the Ryder cup was.