Solheim Cup 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Great to see Gleneagles has been chosen as the Host for the 2019 Solheim Cup.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Why do you think that? I know it hosted a successful Ryder Cup but I would like to see these events shared around other venues, there are plenty of them out there!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ignoring the point of spreading it around different venues, which is a reasonable point of view, I'm delighted to see the Solheim Cup coming to Scotland. Great news.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why do you think that? I know it hosted a successful Ryder Cup but I would like to see these events shared around other venues, there are plenty of them out there!
Because they bid for it and won, Gleneagles as a location have obviously put the best case forward they can, it's up to the Tour who they back, would you rather it went to another Country?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having been up to a tournament there, The Jonnie Walker, I can back Gleneagles as a fabulous venue. The course is designed with spectators in mind so each hole has great vantage points. Add to that it is a lovely course in a stunning location. No doubt that other places can do the job but Gleneagles will do it well. Tempted to go up to see this and build in some golf in the area the day before.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Because they bid for it and won, Gleneagles as a location have obviously put the best case forward they can, it's up to the Tour who they back, would you rather it went to another Country?

Yes, England :smirk:

D

Deleted member 15344

Good to see it back to these shores

But agree that it would have been nice to see it being held at a course that hasn't held something very recently

Wonder which clubs in Wales and England put bids in

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

But agree that it would have been nice to see it being held at a course that hasn't held something very recently

They never did. There was an 'expression of interest' but as far as I'm aware, only Soctland and Sweden actually made official bids.

D

Deleted member 16999

Agreed Phil, but unfortunately bit like bolting the stable door after the horse.....
Choice was Gleneagles or Sweden, so great news for Scotland and UK.
Not be held in UK since 2000 I believe.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm confused because I didn't realise they got "paid"

I know they earn prize money which is far below what the men earn

But dross ?!?

I have been lucky enough to play a round with two lady tour players and both were far from "dross"

Disrespectful beyond belief and you are supposed to be a pro ?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm confused because I didn't realise they got "paid"

I know they earn prize money which is far below what the men earn

But dross ?!?

I have been lucky enough to play a round with two lady tour players and both were far from "dross"

Im very surprised you did not know they get paid,and I suspect very well paid at that.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Lol.
I'm not allowed to own a TV and speak as a long time TV viewer?
Frankly I think the Solheim Cup antics are boring, very boring.

And having worked inside the ropes at more than one LPGA event all week, I believe that many of them earn /are paid far too much.