Soft golf grips.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chemo is making my hands really sore and after yesterday's session at the range im thinking of trying some other grips to see if this helps.
Initially just a few wedges and see if t does make any difference.

TIA.
(y)

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would it be worthwhile trying left and right handed golf gloves with a slightly thicker winter fitting? Good luck anyway.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There are grips that are deliberately thicker to give a bit more cushioning for people with arthritis in their hands. I can't remember who does them... maybe Lamkin? I dare say these would be good for you. Might be worth giving some of the manufacturers a call.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What kind of bag have you got?
Might seem a silly question but I have found soft grips are fine if you have a fourteen way divider.
But if you have a tour bag or one with more than one club in each divide they are a nightmare to get in and out.
You end up with sore wrists trying to fight with them.
They seem to stick together for fun.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There are grips that are deliberately thicker to give a bit more cushioning for people with arthritis in their hands. I can't remember who does them... maybe Lamkin? I dare say these would be good for you. Might be worth giving some of the manufacturers a call.

Google "golf grips for arthritic hands." Loads of options.

jmcp

Visit site
I have Arthritis in my hands and have found the WinnTac grips in mid size have been a god send.

Cheers, John

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Another mention for Winn, the wrap ones I think are softest.
An alternative is the Karma jumbo overwrap which can be found for less. I reckoned they came up mid-size equivalent. Not quite as durable I found, but as an experiment that may not be an issue.