so you're in a bunker...

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
What techniques/mental-cues/etc do you employ to help you take the right amount of sand?

I can usually get the ball out, but seem to take slightly too much sand, so the ball never really goes that far.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A possible reason is that you shift your feet to get them into the sand whilst talking your address but do not make a similar adjustment by gripping down the shaft an inch. In other words, your feet being an inch lower than normal but your swing ark will be as normal = fat shot.
Also, keeping the legs quiet will help.

Best Wishes

Matt

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
Well I had my 2nd lesson today with Andrew Jones at Littelstone... did a bit on bunkers and found out its soooo much easier if you do a slightly wider stance and keep the lower body really quiet - just using the shoulders and arms to swing.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well I had my 2nd lesson today with Andrew Jones at Littelstone... did a bit on bunkers and found out its soooo much easier if you do a slightly wider stance and keep the lower body really quiet - just using the shoulders and arms to swing.

I had that lesson with Andrew a year or so back - it was a good thing that I had arms like a baboon!

Chris

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I aim at the same spot behind the ball and just vary the speed I swing the club. I also open the face and then take my grip. Being old school, I aim left with an open stance. New method seems to be to stand more square. It was the way I was taught, although it was back in the 70's.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

If I do this there is 100% chance of shanking every thing.

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I aim at the same spot behind the ball and just vary the speed I swing the club. I also open the face and then take my grip. Being old school, I aim left with an open stance. New method seems to be to stand more square. It was the way I was taught, although it was back in the 70's.

im 29 and still use this method works for me