So you are in a fish and chip shop....

What fish do you order?

• Cod of couse, doesn't everyone?

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Haddock, Cod tastes like muck.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other, my chip shop understands responsible fishing practice.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Fish.... in Batter? Vile!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1418

Battered Panga. Lovely fish, far tastier than cod or haddock with a similar texture. It's freshwater and farmed so stocks of other fish are not harmed.

Ah yes, the pangasius. Quite possibly the blandest, tasteless fish ever farmed!! Also very high in poisons and bacteria, particularly those farmed and cultivated in the Mekong river in South East Asia - one of the most polluted rivers on the planet and where industries along the river dump chemicals and industrial waste directly into it, not to mention the human waste from those who also live along the river! Enjoy the next time you have it!!! ;) :D

tarmac

Club Champion
Visit site
.....and a bottle of red kola(chippy was the only place round here you could get it once the bon accord lorry stopped coming round):D

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always have chicken (breast not leg) and chips. Can't stand the "heart attack" batter.:eek:

I don't think there is too much over fishing going on these days, certainly not in the Shetlands where my Brother is.
He only works 3 months of the year due to strict fishing quota's.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I prefer Haddock now as Cod seems to be pretty tasteless of late.

Would love to live nearer the coast and have the choices and freshness some of you have mentioned.

Never tried Pollock or Monk Fish.

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The wee hurry in troon. I guarrantee there aint a better chippy on this planet. All catch of the day,straight in off the boat at the harbour.sea bass supper is amazing,monk fish if they've caught any,cod,haddock,scampi ,salmon. Genius if a place.

Similiar deal to The Tail End on Leith Walk, everything freshly caught and off the boat from mussy.Was opened by the guy who sold the anstruther chippie, not sure he has any involvement nowadays.

A wee heads up to all North Edinburgh chippy lovers...Welchs fishmonger are opening a chippie on Gt Junction Street, should be magnificent...they supply fish to all the fancy restaurants in the city,all caught daily.

Fish supper( saltnsauce)/buttered roll/can of scud

znuffzz

Head Pro
Visit site
wish we had a decent chippy around my way.

nearest one to me is an advert for stricter food hygiene laws and the next nearest you can never park.

chinese or indian everytime in my house :(

Knights Fish and Chips in Glastonbury is soooooooooo good.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Harry Ramsdon's, great Fish and Chips. I was once awarded a certificate for eating a Giant Harry's Haddock and Chips.