So what are you listening to at the moment?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Not sure if it's me that's getting more miserable with age,or if modern music really is terrible. Still listening to Stone Roses,Ocean colour scene,Verve....

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love men in skirts, singing & playing the blues.

[video=youtube_share;lMMLCiPTRUU]http://youtu.be/lMMLCiPTRUU[/video]

Slime.

Last edited:

John

Club Champion
Visit site
Really into the new War on Drugs album, great record. Also those into heavier music check out a band called Hark, just released their debut which is stupidly good.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also those into heavier music check out a band called Hark, just released their debut which is stupidly good.

Interesting, sounds like Mastodon meets Helmet meets Corrosion of Conformity with a tiny hint of Crowbar or summat lol.
Really looking forward to the new Eyehategod album, the snippet I heard last week was really up my street.

John

Club Champion
Visit site
Interesting, sounds like Mastodon meets Helmet meets Corrosion of Conformity with a tiny hint of Crowbar or summat lol.
Really looking forward to the new Eyehategod album, the snippet I heard last week was really up my street.

Saw Hark supporting COC a couple of weeks back and they were both amazing. Knowing their singer/guitarist (Hark) I'm sure he'd be happy with that comparison!

It wasn't a shameless plug for them by the way, . I'm a genuinely into them, we just happen to live in the same (small) town!

Will have to check out the new ehg, little out of the loop on new releases.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saw Hark supporting COC a couple of weeks back and they were both amazing. Knowing their singer/guitarist (Hark) I'm sure he'd be happy with that comparison!

It wasn't a shameless plug for them by the way, . I'm a genuinely into them, we just happen to live in the same (small) town!

It's good to hear some decent new heavy stuff rather than the naff melodic screamo which is creeping in more and more these days.
I really like Mastodon but their last effort missed the mark for me, seemed even more watered down than Crack The Skye, I mean it was played on Radio 1 lol. I love discovering new bands so thanks for the heads up :thup:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been listening to Thelonious Monk the last couple of days. Not a jazz fan at all but I came across a concert of his at the weekend on Sky Arts which was darn good so I got a few of his recordings.

Finally someone with a sense of quality. Re-discovered a long time missing CD (yes, they still exist) of the Modern Jazz Quartet playing with various guests such as Paul Desmond, Laurindo Almeida etc. - forgot how good it was.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g3DgAJwVeVU#t=14

The cult, fantastic stuff. I saw them again recently, brought back lots of good memories.

Maybe I was drawn to his peaked hat (for the OOM'ers).

Love this song so much! Inevitably end up singing it every time I play golf.

London grammar have perked my ears at the minute. will give them a listen today.

Really like London Grammar. Wrote a review for BestNewBands.com in October if you wanna know more - http://www.bestnewbands.com/album-reviews/item/3461-london-grammar-–-if-you-wait

Leaving the music industry shortly and so not sure if I can have my spotify on all day at the new job but looking forward to being more of a 'fan' again and not taking it for granted as much.

Today, I've been mainly listening to Kate Bush whilst I try to get over the fact that I couldn't get tickets :(