So what are you listening to at the moment?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
The Smiths.
I never 'got' them whan I was at school/uni, however a long (drunk) musical conversation with a mate made me have a listen. With the free trial of Apple Music, it builds playlists of whatever artist you want
The bass on How Soon Is Now is amazing !!

Welcome to 1984. Have you heard the latest Prefab Sprout album as well, it's amazing. ;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Welcome to 1984. Have you heard the latest Prefab Sprout album as well, it's amazing. ;)

Will have a listen as my fave albums include Steve McQueen; From Langley Park to Memphis; Jordan - the Comeback; and Andromeda Heights - each and every one a beaut.

I only recently picked up Swoon on vinyl from a local charity shop and haven't had a chance to have a good listen...

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I was listening to that recently Richard. Read up the events of the sinking, as I had forgotten all about it. Chilling song.

Was thinking about it in Canada Rich. Standing by the St. Lawrence on of the first ships we saw had Whitefish Bay as its home port, and visiting Niagara the line "And farther below Lake Ontario takes in what Lake Erie can send her" came to mind. Given the overall theme and in light of recent events there was a certain poignancy to it which I'm sure you can understand.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise because it's on the hotel sound system.
I do have a confession though, I'm a massive fan, not his dodgy pop singles but of his drumming and some of his early album tracks which are truly sublime.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The guitartastic Rory Gallagher before he went solo.

View attachment 17199View attachment 17199

That, my friend, is a great album.
Have you listened to this one? Also awesome.

MI0000737737.jpg

It was at this festival that someone asked Hendrix what it was like being the world's greatest guitarist. He said " I dunno, ask Rory Gallagher"!
Sums it up, really.

Slime.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
That, my friend, is a great album.Have you listened to this one? Also awesome.
MI0000737737.jpg
It was at this festival that someone asked Hendrix what it was like being the world's greatest guitarist. He said " I dunno, ask Rory Gallagher"!Sums it up, really.Slime.
Yes love it and have been listening to Rory since Taste's On the Boards.

As a kid when I was living back in Belfast he was the only really big 'name' act who would come and play in the early 70s.Saw him so many times and he was my inspiration to start playing. Biggest hero struck moment was when I met him back stage. He was a lovely, humble self-effacing guy. A true gent!

image.jpg

Last edited:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dug out some old tapes and CDs for tomorrow:

Headswim
Death Angel
Ministry
Annihilator
Vinnie Moore
Dio
Rainbow
The Almighty
Vixen
House of Lords
Sanctuary
Artch

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Dug out some old tapes and CDs for tomorrow:

Headswim
Death Angel
Ministry
Annihilator
Vinnie Moore
Dio
Rainbow
The Almighty
Vixen
House of Lords
Sanctuary
Artch

Heaveee - but it aint death metal - so quite light really :)

(I have to listen to my sons death metal band - as dad's must)

Last edited:
C

c1973

New Order. Just got the new one and a friend says its better that Technique, so listened to the whole back catalog .

Better than Technique? It must be good then, cos that is a damned fine album.

Low-life was another good un.