Smash it! Constructive criticism appreciated

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ola! I've taken the plunge and filmed by swing, albeit from a terrible camera angle. My bad.

I started the year off 23 and now down to 18. I've just had a couple of lessons and am trying to ingrain the changes the pro has instructed. Shaft lean at address, steeper takeaway and better rhythm in the swing being the major points to practice. So, here is me butchering an 8 iron, let me know what you think...

http://youtu.be/PSF4ZmUiVmg

Thanks

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks a pretty solid swing - very quick. Did you ever suffer from topping the ball due to lifting your head up ?

It looks like the kind of swing that looks like you are going 100% at each shot.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Apart from a bit quick like others have said (you don't hit the ball in the back swing), it looks to me like your head moves towards the target (might be the whole top half arching left) in your back swing.

Might just be the dodgy camera angle though.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks a pretty solid swing - very quick. Did you ever suffer from topping the ball due to lifting your head up ?

It looks like the kind of swing that looks like you are going 100% at each shot.

Thanks mate, yeah it does look way too quick, need to find the rhythm the pro had me working on.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what has the pro taught you to do about improving your rhythm? For me, your backswing is far too fast. You could try the old seve trick.

say out loud...

on the back swing - seve-ri-ano

on the downswing - Ballesteros

Here is a video explaining it. Give it a try next time you are at the range. In fact you its something you could try in the garden.

D

Deleted member 15344

what has the pro taught you to do about improving your rhythm? For me, your backswing is far too fast. You could try the old seve trick.

say out loud...

on the back swing - seve-ri-ano

on the downswing - Ballesteros

Here is a video explaining it. Give it a try next time you are at the range. In fact you its something you could try in the garden.

:thup:

Thats a very good tip

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
That's what I see. Left toe well in front of right, suggesting a closed stance. Shoulders open and a pull...

Have to agree, that looks like what gives you the over the top move and the little fade, i was doing this and to me it felt like i was aiming at the target but i was actually aiming right and cutting the ball by trying to hit it towards the flag whilst my body was aiming to the right off it, put a stick down on the ground square with your feet and see where its pointing to, also another tip i was given was to lift the club up to chest height and set it back down to make sure my whole body was square, feet, hips and shoulders, sometimes you will actually find the ball is actually too far back in your stance when you check this out.

Apart from that its a pretty decent swing, just need to to find the tempo that suits you really. Mine is slow backswing, but others are fast and thats where they get their tempo from.