Slow and unresponsive

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A cynic might suggest there's no-one listening (or even cares).

IMO its down to the refresh and bandwidth priority given to pop-ups - probably down to building the site bit by bit from numerous modules and so the necessary revisions would take a major rebuild but no-one wants to spend the time or money

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To be fair it's working pretty well,on my Android tablet and phone and has been for the last few weeks...
No real lag in typing that I've had before and the pages load as quick as any other site.

Wolf

Visit site
Absolutely shocking today, when you click the reply button on a post it doesn't actually quote that post it randomly quote either the the previous post or following post to the one you click on..

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Still pee poor for me today. Quote functions doesn't load properly or when it does it freezes for up to 30 seconds before you can type. Lag is also on my laptop as well now.

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm using Safari on my MacBook pro and getting the dreaded spinning wheel all the time, taken about 5 minutes to write this :(

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Quick update as i have downloaded Chrome and the site works fine, obviously a problem with Safari which needs sorting !!!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
this is in the queue to be looked at but the TI Media tech/dev team has lost a lot of people over the past 12 months due to cutback and there are a number of other TI Media brands asking for similar if not bigger and more 'business critical' (yes i hate that term too) fixes
hoping that later in the year, for reasons that will become apparent, issues like this will be fixed much sooner

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
I have just had an email to say>>>>

Just to let you know we have implemented a new load balancer running CentOS 8 for you this afternoon. This means the new server supports TLS 1.2.

>>>absolutely no idea what that means but hopefully as BigFoot says.. everything seems back to normal.

Look forward to craw and drdel finding something new that they don't like

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have just had an email to say>>>>

Just to let you know we have implemented a new load balancer running CentOS 8 for you this afternoon. This means the new server supports TLS 1.2.

>>>absolutely no idea what that means but hopefully as BigFoot says.. everything seems back to normal.

Look forward to craw and drdel finding something new that they don't like

Excellent - Thanks Mike