Skytrak v Trackman

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was surprised to see recently that Rickmansworth Golf Course (a public course run by Everyone Active leisure centres) have installed a simulator room, that you can currently book for just £5 an hour. (Apparently just an 'introductory offer' though.)

https://fb.watch/5Ce-fyTp-3/

Just over a year ago I did a gapping session on a Trackman bay elsewhere, it was £30 an hour I think. I've changed my bag a little bit since then, tempted to grab a couple of hours here for only a tenner, but is Skytrak's data accurate enough to compare to Trackman and be worthwhile? I figure it's a cheaper set-up than Trackman hence the lower price but I'm not that knowledgeable on simulators.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
From what I hear Skytrak is within about 2% of Trackman numbers or thereabouts.
I suppose it depends on how accurate you want to be.
Does a couple of yards on a wedge make a difference to you?
4-6 yards on a driver?
Personally I've rarely been able to repeat any launch monitor numbers on the course..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
From what I hear Skytrak is within about 2% of Trackman numbers or thereabouts.
I suppose it depends on how accurate you want to be.
Does a couple of yards on a wedge make a difference to you?
4-6 yards on a driver?
Personally I've rarely been able to repeat any launch monitor numbers on the course..
Haven't thought about it really, I was just curious. Those margins seem ok. But if it was, say, over-estimating my shots by 10-15 yards then it would be pretty useless wouldn't it? Worth a go for a fiver when I'm bored though I think.

Neeko1988

Visit site
Some thing to bare in mind I believe skytrak is ball data only so no club stats such as club pace, face angle, club speed etc

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been using my skytrak in a garage for over a year. Compared it with trackman and flightscope and there is not much difference between them. Distances are pretty accurate but only data worth a look is ball speed launch angle and ball spin. What you have to remember that there always gone be a difference between real golf and launch monitor. For example if your 7 iron spin is around 3/4k on any launch monitor is gone go miles not so much on a golf course. Skytrak might be 2/3 % off with your actual distances but is very consistent through the bag. On skytrak my irons go about 5 yard longer than on a golf course so its easy to manage.