Top Golf Simulators at the local range

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Went to the local range at the weekend for the first time in a long time, and unbeknown to me they had fitted up 8 bays with a TopGolf style simulator thing that day. Each bay had a screen where you could either chose to play a simulated course, do some distance challenges, just hit it where it gives you a lot of stats plus a couple of other things. So you just hit normal range balls into the range and it magically picks it all up and displays it on the screen in the bay. And it was rather good.

Not sure how much they had publicised it but on Saturday there was only me and another chap there. So I told a mate and on Sunday we both went down there and played a (simulated) course like you do on indoor golf simulators. The putting was fun as, instead of putting (as you hit out into the range) you have to pitch it to one of 3 poles out in the range different distances away. And the closer your approach shot the bigger the virtual targets around the poles were, and the closer you were to hitting the target the fewer puts it assigned to you on that hole.

And the best thing was that it was free to use (once you had purchased the range balls) and you could play for as long as you liked! Me and my mate were down on the Sunday for over a couple of hours, played 27 virtual holes and spent a tenner in total. I am pretty sure they will start charging for it soon and also start restricting how long you can use it for, but fair play for them for trying something new and a bit fun and not charging an arm and a leg for the privilege. :thup:

Last edited:

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Were about was that, we have a golf lounge its called up here its more of a bar that you can go on the sims and play a round iv not been but heard its quite good

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Silvermere has had a number of bays with launch monitors set ups in to give distance etc. Really makes practice more interesting as there are different challenges you can try as well as seeing some basic launch details

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Were about was that, we have a golf lounge its called up here its more of a bar that you can go on the sims and play a round iv not been but heard its quite good

North West of Nottingham. I've been to a few golf lounges but I get very bored of hitting into a screen so being able to hit into a proper range made it a lot more fun for me.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I went to a range near Walsall that had bays with screens on etc. The yardage’s were way out though. It was coming back saying I was hitting a 7 iron 190 when I know full well a 7 iron is 160 tops! I had it confirmed by the pro that was present that these yardage’s on the tech were not the most accurate. Still quite cool though how it tracked the ball flight on screen!

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
3 Hammers just north of Wolverhampton has Top Tracer on every bay at no cost other than balls, absolutely fantastic system IMO, genuinely helps me practice.