Skycaddie Skypro

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I want want to try and improve my swing during the coming months and based on what I have read skypro with its groove mode provides some of the check points I am looking for but I have looked through the old posts here, youtube, the sky caddie site, but I have been able find the other stats so I was wondering if the guys on here own one can provide me with insight?

I see it it gives club head speed, but does it calculate a carry from this, that I could compare to the launch monitor data I have for the clubs in my bag?

I have a tendency to to rotate fully before start my downswing which I think leads to my swing being slight over the top or out to in, so I am hoping I could add the length of my back using or angle of rotation to the groove mode, is this possible?

Lastly I have to work hard to ensure releasing through impact which, if I don't I can leave the club face open, I am aware there is a face angle check point at 90 deg but is there one at impact?

Finally I appreciate that Skypro is not a launch monitor, but to have some data that I can relate to the feeling of a good swing and a good ball flight hence my thoughts that this type of swing analyser would benefit the changes I am trying to ingrain into my swing. Is my thinking sound?

DaveL

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No it does not calculate carry distance.
Not sure I fully understand what your after with the next one.
No it doesn't have face angle at impact.
Any other questions just ask, I can email you the data table it gives you if you want.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Mine fell to bits after a couple of weeks.. Not sure if the new ones hAve resolved this problem yet.

I've never heard any report of this before, hopefully it was isolated.

As for the OP's second paragraph, use the Live Chat feature on the SkyGolf site, if that doesn't help I can get you a direct email contact for our tech team to assist in any queries.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've never heard any report of this before, hopefully it was isolated.

As for the OP's second paragraph, use the Live Chat feature on the SkyGolf site, if that doesn't help I can get you a direct email contact for our tech team to assist in any queries.

Bought it second hand and it was in perfect condition with no faults. Apparently the early models were prone to breakage, the new ones have been modded according to the website. It probably didn't help that I was hitting off a mat whilst I was using the device.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Fish, I tried the live chat and they could not answer the questions, asked me to ring the UK office for help, which I admit i have not tried yet, thought I would try here 1st.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I have sent you a PM.

What I was try to ask does it give an indication on whether the face was open or closed at impact and what the shaft lean is?

Thanks

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Fish, I tried the live chat and they could not answer the questions, asked me to ring the UK office for help, which I admit i have not tried yet, thought I would try here 1st.

I don't know enough about the SkyPro to help you, I might get 1 and have a play though, the U.K. office should be able to help, but if not, come back to me and I'll get a more direct techs contact for you 👍

DaveL

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have sent you a PM.

What I was try to ask does it give an indication on whether the face was open or closed at impact and what the shaft lean is?

Thanks

I have sent you an email Andy
The face open/closed at impact no, shaft lean yes, BUT I'm a bit dubious about the figure and the shaft lean at address for that matter.

Dave

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To the OP.

If you have an iPhone/ipad there is nothing to stop you from downloading the app that you need as this is free. Once downloaded there are some demo pro's pre-installed and this should give you all the info you need. Shaft lean, takeaway direction and lots of other stuff.

I thought it was a good bit of kit until it fell apart.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I'd say it is more about swing/club positions rather than the more launch monitor type data.

Half back, top of back swing, half down, that sort of thing.

I've not really used the groove mode that much, but tend to have the stats screen open when hitting and scan over the keys items I am working on. Historically had an inside takeaway and tend to slip back to it so find this gizmo is good for keeping me working on it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Dave

Thanks for the email, based on what I can see from your email, other than some form of calculated carry distance, it would seem to have most of the check points I was looking for. Unless I have miss understood the explanations on their Site I would say you Shaft Lean at impact for a 7i is pretty good, a 2 deg positive difference between address and impact is a good thing 2 degrees greater.

Based on what I've seen I think I give the Skypro