SkyCaddie SGX info

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all
we have just had the info on the new SGX in from SkyCaddie - reprinted in full below
Hope to have some pictrues to show you later this afternoon

SkyGolf Unveils SkyCaddie® SGX™
The Next Generation GPS Rangefinder And The Portal To Golf’s Future

SkyGolf, pioneer of the GPS rangefinder category and developer of SkyCaddie®, the #1 Rangefinder in Golf, today introduced a series of complementary game-changing technologies with the launch of its revolutionary SkyCaddie® SGX™, the next generation rangefinder, and Club SG, the portal to golf’s future.

Such technologies and break-through innovations provide a true foundation for growing the game, both on and off the course, by connecting golfers to their game, their PGA Professionals, their equipment, their courses and other golfers that are passionate about the sport of golf.

“Our mission is to help golfers play smarter, play better, play faster and have more fun. We believe that if golfers experience more rewards from the game, they will play more rounds, take more lessons, get properly fit for equipment, and share their passion with other golfers, both new and inactive, to help to grow the game,” said Richard Edmonson, CEO, SkyGolf. “The SkyCaddie SGX is not only the most advanced, reliable distance measuring device in golf, it is a platform that can extend the game beyond the 18th green. Moreover, it provides a foundation for improvement, while providing access to a passionate golfing community where players come together to enjoy the sport and celebrate achievements, which will motivate them and others to play more golf.”

The Next Generation Rangefinder

The SkyCaddie® SGX™, golf’s next generation rangefinder, boasts a durable, new sleek design with a large 3” easy-to-read, transflective LCD screen that provides brilliant colour images even in the brightest sunlight. Powered by a long lasting rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, the SGX is ready for up to 14 hours of continuous play. The SGX uses an innovative, dual navigation option, to provide easy one-handed operation and precision positioning without blocking critical screen information with fat fingers and smudges. With its new, intuitive user interface, errors generated with large fingers and the difficulty of using gloves on touch screens are totally eliminated.

The SGX also includes SkyCaddie’s proprietary TruePoint Precision Positioning Technology in a high performance GPS engine with ultra-fast satellite acquisition for unmatched accuracy and reliability. The unmatched accuracy of the SGX is crucial to a golfer’s confidence, which is further enhanced by an omni-directional, high performance GPS antenna that locks quickly onto more satellites and stays locked to optimize performance and accuracy in all terrains, including under the foliage of trees. To trust their club, a golfer has to be able to trust their caddie, just like a Tour player. The SGX is built to be trusted.

For the ultimate in convenience and reliability, the SGX offers up to 30,000 pre-loaded, ground-verified maps making it “Ready to Play” out of the box with basic green information.

Only SkyCaddie spends the time and money to ground-verify every single course map in its library to make sure its golfers have information they can trust. Not a single player on Tour uses yardage books in competition derived from satellite images or flyovers. SkyCaddie does not believe consumers should play with such unverified information either. SkyCaddie owners receive unlimited access to the most complete, most reliable and the only ground verified course maps in the game, offered in easy to understand annual membership plans, with no hidden fees or variable charges. Not only can the SGX store up to 30,000 preloaded courses with basic green information, its enhanced storage offers the capability to maintain up to 50 full-featured courses in the SGX at one time with the most advanced and reliable information in the game. Nothing else comes close.

Advanced Game Changing Features

The SGX also supports SkyCaddie’s growing database of courses offering Interactive HoleVue™ with Zoom capability. SkyCaddie is creating the first-of-its-kind, ground-corrected graphics library of courses maps in brilliant colours and detail. HoleVue enables the golfer to know the distance to any point on a hole, which helps them to plan the best strategy to play the hole in the fewest strokes. In fact, only SkyCaddie has invested the time and money in ground verification of all map data, to provide HoleVue graphics that can be trusted. This is further complemented by SkyCaddie’s patented HoleVue™ Zoom capability that provides the golfer with an up-close view of the target area to strategize his next shot.

The SGX is further separated from its competition through SkyCaddie’s patented IntelliGreen® technology that showcases the exact shape of the green by automatically rotating the green to match a golfer’s angle of approach. IntelliGreen provides all of the distances needed to hit more greens and avoid three putts. Additionally, the SGX offers IntelliGreen® Pro, providing golfers with the added ability to obtain distances to major green contours, false fronts and any other point on the green, plus front, carry and back distances from any angle of attack. Because such information cannot be derived from satellite imagery, it is available exclusively from SkyCaddie thanks to its proprietary ground mapping methodology.

Lastly, SGX offers a convenient Digital Scorecard and Stat Tracking option to track key game statistics, including: greens in regulation, fairways hit, driving accuracy and distance, plus total putts. Golfers can auto sync their scores and stats to SkyGolf’s newly created and quickly evolving online community, Club SG, for comprehensive game tracking and analysis.

Introducing Club SG Beta…

An additional component in the Company’s portal to golf’s future is Club SG Beta, SkyGolf’s new online community located at www.skygolf.com. Club SG Beta connects golfers to their game, their courses, their equipment, their teachers and each other. In fact, new SGX owners can sync and store their game data in a personal performance locker and, in-turn, track key stats, learn about courses, find a teacher, learn if their equipment is helping or hurting their game and connect with other golfers. Launched in January 2010, Club SG Beta, a fast-evolving work in progress, is a growing community of passionate golfers eager to enjoy better experiences on and off the course, by motivating each other to improve, celebrate their successes, and attract new players to the game.

Edmonson adds, “Growing the game by helping golfers to play better and have more fun fuels the passion that keeps us innovating. This innovation is why we’re #1 in golf’s only growth category, and why we always have something game-changing on the horizon.”

Delivery & Pricing

SkyCaddie SGX will be available at golf shops throughout the UK in April 2010. SmartClub Technology with SGX SmartClub Tags is expected to be available by July 2010. Suggested retail price for the SkyCaddie SGX is £349.95. Pricing for SmartClub Technology with SGX SmartClub Tags will be released at a later date.

Product Details

• SkyCaddie SGX
• Available in the UK April 2010
• RRP: £349.95
• Pre-loaded with 28,000+ ground-verified golf course maps
• Store up to 50 full-featured ground-verified golf course maps with membership plan
• With TruePoint Precision Positioning Technology
• Features Interactive HoleVue™ with Zoom, IntelliGreen® Pro, Digital Scorecard, Stat Tracking and more
• Connect your SkyCaddie SGX to Club SG Beta