Skycaddie Nicked

Del

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just got back from playing a quick nine holes before lunch to find some little **** helped him/her self to my skycaddie, while I was in the changing room putting on some dry shoes.

It was in the top pocket of my bag, only the very top of it could be seen, and the bag was left outside of changing room in front of the pro shop. I was only 2-3 minutes, but long enough for it to go.

There were a few people waiting to tee off, within 20-30ft of my bag but no one saw anything. A couple of chaps did come with me to see if we could find anybody in the car park of near the club house, but no luck.

So very p****d off at this moment in time, and was off to Scotland in ten days for a few rounds of golf.

My local pro who was very upset about it, as it was outside his shop, said he would get me any gps unit at cost price plus P&P.

But before I get myself a new skycaddie, he told me to look at the new Golfbuddy World Platinum, of which I have found on the net but can't find out what courses it has mapped.
Does anyone know where this info is?? or should I stay with my SC5??

I'm now off to the pub to drown my sorrows.

Del

P.S Never let your kit out of your sight !!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear this Del.
Hope they catch the thieving scumbag.

My mate thought he had lost his the other day playing at Cooden. It had started raining and he took his waterproofs out of his bag and unclipped his SkyCaddie from the strap without noticing. I found it lying half way down the 5th fairway.

Del

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No cctv outside the pro shop sadly but some looking onto the club house.

The pro said he would get some one to look through it between the time I finished my game and when I went to report it. He has also contacted the police and has put the word around to see if any other member saw anyone new about.

I know it was in my bag as when walking of the 18th ( I did the back nine) I sat down and looked at my score, could have been then that someone saw me put it back into bag.

Cheers

Del

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Well I really hope they caught and then dealt with by the club (if a member) and the old bill.

I hope if it is a member that the club name and shame and circulate the thiefs details to other local clubs aswell, that would scupper the toe-rag.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you notified skycaddie? I'm pretty sure in the event of a device being stolen they can switch off the units ability to receive their GPS signal. At least that way you don't have to worry about some low life gaining anything from the theft. It will be useless to them and difficult to sell on if it's not working! Plus that way the culprit may decide to do the honorable thing and use the name / contact details displayed upon starting the device to get it returned to you. Even if they just decide to say they found it on the floor around the club, at least if they hand it in you shouldn't have to shell out for a new unit. Likewise if they do manage to flog it, the new owner will quickly realise he has purchased non-working, stolen goods and will hopefully be able to assist in returning the unit and bringing the thief to the attention of the you / police.

p1pete

Club Champion
Visit site
If you log into CaddieSync and go to ACCOUNT there is the ability to report it lost/Stolen (bottom right) which disables it from being used to download/sync any new courses.

Dont know if it disables the GPS though, as suggested above, as I didnt want to press the button and register mine as lost

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Skycaddie can turn it off so it just reads - this unit has been switched off, please return to Skycaddie or your local golf club or summay like that....ring them up their customer service peeps are pretty good....

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
it won't be able to download or sync anyway as it's password protected. I think it's a bit like iPods - only link to one PC.
what joy he'll have is playing the courses you already have loaded until SC deactivate it.
(I guess that will work in much the same way as an expired account.)

Query those courses for a SC found after he's chucked it?