Sky Golf

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, they never contacted me when I stopped subscribing to them, but when I had phoned them before about something subscription related I wouldn't say they were overly interested.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bit confused.

Are we talking (from the OP), "...Sky caddie..." as in the App.

Or: Sky Golf as in the TV channel?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Seeking a refresh on the question I want to get rid of Sky Sports - what's the best option for getting just golf - either on a continuous basis or on an occasional basis. I am currently a Sky Broadband customer but happy to change if a change brings more options into play.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seeking a refresh on the question I want to get rid of Sky Sports - what's the best option for getting just golf - either on a continuous basis or on an occasional basis. I am currently a Sky Broadband customer but happy to change if a change brings more options into play.

If you have decent broadband then Now TV is probably the best way to go. I just pay for the big events that I want to watch. As long as your internet is quick then you shouldn't get any trouble from buffering.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If you have decent broadband then Now TV is probably the best way to go. I just pay for the big events that I want to watch. As long as your internet is quick then you shouldn't get any trouble from buffering.

I do seem to have occasional buffering issues when watching progs on Netflix or Catchup. Last night I seemed to sort it by shutting my laptop down - but that might only have been coincidental as I don't really get how wireless and broadband speed combine with all devices using the broadband - both wirelessly and cabled.

I have just checked - my current download speed (tested wirelessly) is 11Mbps and i could get 80Mbps with BT Unlimited Infinity 2

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got rid of my Sky Golf account when the Sky Caddie died and it wasn't cost effective to get it repaired. Not a hint of concern and no call? In fact their customer service overall was a little underwhelming.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got rid of my Sky Golf account when the Sky Caddie died and it wasn't cost effective to get it repaired. Not a hint of concern and no call? In fact their customer service overall was a little underwhelming.

Oops - my bad - just realise that this thread reference to Sky Golf may not be anything to do with golf on Sky...