Sky commentators

Stevemh

Visit site
Some time ago a Andrew Coltard commented "Tiger Woods never fails to disappoint" !!!!! Yesterday Ewan Murray said exactly the same thing about Augusta. I don't think that is what they meant.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
They are the two I’d get rid of personally, along with anyone who mentions the mayor’s office!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Some time ago a Andrew Coltard commented "Tiger Woods never fails to disappoint" !!!!! Yesterday Ewan Murray said exactly the same thing about Augusta. I don't think that is what they meant.
Reminds me of two of my favourites: "Is there no beginning to his talents" & a home made one I often apply to friends "He's a player it's very hard to underestimate"

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The majority of Sky’s commentators are marmite for me. I like Murray, Faldo, Riley and Beem. Really not at all keen on McGinley, Coltart, Davies and Harmon.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Sky commentators never fail to disappoint..:unsure:
In all fairness to them it’s a really tough job. I just find coulthard a bit holier than thou and Murray a bit dithery these days. The only ones I like are Beem, Dougherty and Dame Laura. The rest could do with a refresh in my view. Especially some of the in studio coaches.

sunshine

Visit site
Switched on to watch my first coverage for the week and literally the first thing I heard was Laura Davies telling me that the course is more hilly than it looks. Great golfer in her day, but she adds zero insight. Coltart no different. Don’t mind the others.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Murray - soporific
McGinley - thick as :poop: , continually self-contradictory, speaks with the authority only the totally unaware can manage
Radar 🌟
Stirkers 🌟🌟
Dougherty - he's not too bad at all
Coltart - what McGinley thinks he sounds like, top bloke
Laura Davies - just nope, for someone so good, she doesn't really add anything
Beemer - not as good as Radar, but great number 2
Henni Koyack - someone switch her off please, awful, just awful

sunshine

Visit site
Murray - soporific
McGinley - thick as :poop: , continually self-contradictory, speaks with the authority only the totally unaware can manage
Radar 🌟
Stirkers 🌟🌟
Dougherty - he's not too bad at all
Coltart - what McGinley thinks he sounds like, top bloke
Laura Davies - just nope, for someone so good, she doesn't really add anything
Beemer - not as good as Radar, but great number 2
Henni Koyack - someone switch her off please, awful, just awful

The actual things Coltart says are no different to McGinley, he just doesn’t repeat them as much and his voice is not annoying.

The Fader

Visit site
I know Faldo is not everyone's cup of tea but the piece last night when Nick was opening up about his wins was candid, interesting and enjoyable stuff spoiled by McGinley's constant need to try and be relevant - chipping in with inane babble and finishing his sentences.

A multiple major winner v a journeyman. Who do you want to hear from?

No clue, no class - should have kept his mouth shut.

Get rid!!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fortunately I’m just happy enough watching golf at the Masters.
I can put up with them all purely because I’m not really taking all they say in.
Because the coverage is very sporadic at times the commentators have lots of time gaps to fill in,and a lot gets repeated time after time.
I do turn the volume down sometimes though.

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Switched on to watch my first coverage for the week and literally the first thing I heard was Laura Davies telling me that the course is more hilly than it looks. Great golfer in her day, but she adds zero insight. Coltart no different. Don’t mind the others.

I don’t really mind that, they do have to cater for people watching that aren’t that knowledgeable about golf too and it is a difficult balance.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know Faldo is not everyone's cup of tea but the piece last night when Nick was opening up about his wins was candid, interesting and enjoyable stuff spoiled by McGinley's constant need to try and be relevant - chipping in with inane babble and finishing his sentences.

A multiple major winner v a journeyman. Who do you want to hear from?

No clue, no class - should have kept his mouth shut.

Get rid!!
Agreed on that Faldo piece. I don’t normally like him, mostly because I find him a bit slimey and not real (probably suits an American audience well as that how most commentators seem to be) however he was completely different I thought. Seemed very genuine, felt like I was seeing the real person rather than an act.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Agreed on that Faldo piece. I don’t normally like him, mostly because I find him a bit slimey and not real (probably suits an American audience well as that how most commentators seem to be) however he was completely different I thought. Seemed very genuine, felt like I was seeing the real person rather than an act.

I thought exactly the same. I think Faldo has certainly become far more mellow and likeable with age - his and mine, it must be said!

He speaks eloquently, with authority but also with the good grace and humour which was perhaps lacking a few years ago. He has been the highlight of Sky’s coverage for me.

D

Deleted member 1147

Fortunately I’m just happy enough watching golf at the Masters.
I can put up with them all purely because I’m not really taking all they say in.
Because the coverage is very sporadic at times the commentators have lots of time gaps to fill in,and a lot gets repeated time after time.
I do turn the volume down sometimes though.
I’m happy with any of them, because crap coverage is better than none.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I've been watching the feeds from the states and they just grate. Colt Knost and the no laying up guy, Iona Stephen is spot on for me. sky ain't that bad sadly. American feed 100% has less adverts compared to sly