Sir Nick Faldo

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Old news and been appropriately ignored!
Bit 'marmite-ish' but I quite enjoyed many of his insights, if some that were decidedly 'bleurgh'!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I don't blame him. 64 years old, spent most of his life travelling around either playing or commentating on golf - he's still fit and healthy and has a good few years to enjoy life.

Funnily enough I was talking to the missus last night about Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones - still touring, I think Jagger is 78. Why do they still work at that age?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't blame him. 64 years old, spent most of his life travelling around either playing or commentating on golf - he's still fit and healthy and has a good few years to enjoy life.

Funnily enough I was talking to the missus last night about Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones - still touring, I think Jagger is 78. Why do they still work at that age?
Because, to them, it's not work....it's their life blood! Basically, if they retired, they'd just get bored and fade away!
I'm a decided Parrot Head (Jimmy Buffett fan) who is 74, worth at least $600M and has been touring to arena crowds all year - playing 4 or 5 shows every 2nd or 3rd day in each month. Plus a 10 day trip to Antarctica in support of one of his favourite 'projects'...ocean conservation. Seriously into Golf too!

RichA

Visit site
As long as he's not stepping back from broadcasting to make even more clickbait opportunist golf infomercials.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My dad was in charge of the Champions Locker room at Muirfield when Faldo won.
He really did not have much time for the guy before then.

He left the Jug with my dad after the main presentation then came back after about 20 minutes in a real panic as he had forgotten where he put it down.
They sat down for 5 minutes, just the two of them [three if you include the jug]. They went through the names and had a good old heart to heart.
Meant such a lot for Faldo to win that Championship.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The headline was a bit over the top. I'm not sure there was a nice to attack the woman like that. But hey, it is the Daily Fail.

I was just referring to the number of marriages between them both. Hopefully they find some happiness this time round, but with that many behind them you can't help thinking it's a long shot....

evemccc

Visit site
Masterful golfer, and done a lot for elite amateur boys and girls the world over with his Faldo Series….just like Justin Rose is doing now

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When I'm knighted, I absolutely won't be using the "sir" in public. Every time Jim Nantz exudes it, I cringe inside.

I've huge respect for his golfing achievements, but I find that his commentary is often rambling and incoherent. The odd nugget here and there, but Johny Miller he ain't. I see a lot of the US telecasts, so I suspect I've listened to more of them than is good for me.