Single length irons

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Alan Hocknell of Callaway said recently that most Tour Pros are always looking for and willing to try something new....
As long as it does the same as what they already have.....

The pros may be willing to look for something new but the majority are still reluctant to go too far out of their comfort zone and be unconventional. There is definitely a place for single length clubs in the amateur game IMO. We have seen fads come and go (TM loft up and mini drivers) but single length have been around for a few years. I am surprised at least one other manufacturer hasn't given them a go

Chris132

Visit site
So after some time I can confidently say they have made a difference to my game. I am more consistent with my irons. It has given me the opportunity to concentrate on other areas of my game such as my chipping and driving, both are improving since getting the one length irons.

I'm still not hitting the 4 iron well definitely better but no further than the 5 and not as consistently as it either. May end up swapping it for a hybrid if this continues.

I thought the PW was strange at first but I find it easier to hit easier to control the distance that a progressive length.

All in all I'm happy with the irons I just wish I figure out the 4. It must be my mental side of the game causing it. And that is the difficulty with moving over to one length after a long time using progressive ones.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope this thread comes in handy to others.

Also found this quote yesterday, sums up the game of golf perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201030-200724.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-200724.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 14

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So after some time I can confidently say they have made a difference to my game. I am more consistent with my irons. It has given me the opportunity to concentrate on other areas of my game such as my chipping and driving, both are improving since getting the one length irons.

I'm still not hitting the 4 iron well definitely better but no further than the 5 and not as consistently as it either. May end up swapping it for a hybrid if this continues.

I thought the PW was strange at first but I find it easier to hit easier to control the distance that a progressive length.

All in all I'm happy with the irons I just wish I figure out the 4. It must be my mental side of the game causing it. And that is the difficulty with moving over to one length after a long time using progressive ones.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope this thread comes in handy to others.

Also found this quote yesterday, sums up the game of golf perfectly.

Glad they are working out for you. I simply couldn't overcome the longer PW when it came to chipping etc. I would advocate a hybrid instead of the 4 iron based on my own experiences from doing the same. Far more consistent with the hybrid and more confident leading to more positive strikes

Chris132

Visit site
Glad they are working out for you. I simply couldn't overcome the longer PW when it came to chipping etc. I would advocate a hybrid instead of the 4 iron based on my own experiences from doing the same. Far more consistent with the hybrid and more confident leading to more positive strikes

Just bought one from JamGolf then the news of a lockdown came. ?

TogoPresley

Visit site
I know a player who has the Cobras. I think the loft is too high for him at least, he loses a lot of distance with the 'longer" irons.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The irons I like but my mate also had the 4 hybrid and it feels like one of those little plastic clubs your 2 year old enjoys!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
A lot of people would more likely benefit from a set of these than playing blades off double digits and pretending to themselves that

a) they can hit them

&

b) they are "buttery soft"

????

Chris132

Visit site
So after some deliberation I decided that I wasn't getting the distance with the 4 iron I needed, and a 4 hybrid just isn't worth it as I have a 3 hybrid, so I've gone for a 7 wood. I've heard great things about them and hopefully I'll enjoy it to. If I can ever play again after the Government's frankly ludicrous decision to prevent us playing golf during lockdown. You can go for a walk but you can't go for a walk and hit a ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So after some deliberation I decided that I wasn't getting the distance with the 4 iron I needed, and a 4 hybrid just isn't worth it as I have a 3 hybrid, so I've gone for a 7 wood. I've heard great things about them and hopefully I'll enjoy it to. If I can ever play again after the Government's frankly ludicrous decision to prevent us playing golf during lockdown. You can go for a walk but you can't go for a walk and hit a ball.

At least a 7 wood isn't as bad as Fraggers fairway wood (nine or was that eleven wood). Pretty sure it's actually a ladies club