Simon Holmes...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

... excellent at explaining the golf swing & what players are doing well, poorly and why!

I’m a fan of his analysis 👍

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Face like a spitting image puppet but agree he has a great knowledge and understanding of the golf swing.

D

Deleted member 1147

To be fair to him, his face isn’t what I’m looking at (perhaps that’s of more interest to you 😘) I’m more interested in the golf swing analysis!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I can't take to him. I think he overcomplicates his analysis with a load of big words and waffle. A touch too supercilious for me.

D

Deleted member 15344

For me he is bad on the telly as Roe - just can’t warm to him , maybe it’s the constant sweating you see from him - i expect he is no doubt a top class coach but turn over instead of listening to him.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Good coach, knows his stuff but on tv comes across as pretty boring and in my opinion doest really have the character for tv stuff. Sky need to overhaul their base golf staff in the UK and get it up to the standard of the guys that mostly cover the majors and tournaments in the states because some of the guys/girls on the studio tv would make you turn off

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sky need to overhaul their base golf staff in the UK and get it up to the standard of the guys that mostly cover the majors and tournaments in the states because some of the guys/girls on the studio tv would make you turn off

This was posted on 1st April wasn't it???

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
To be fair to him, his face isn’t what I’m looking at (perhaps that’s of more interest to you 😘) I’m more interested in the golf swing analysis!

So when he's talking on the telly do you just close your eyes or do you look elsewhere?

Bizarre that you can watch TV yet not look at his face.

D

Deleted member 1147

So when he's talking on the telly do you just close your eyes or do you look elsewhere?

Bizarre that you can watch TV yet not look at his face.
I see his face but don’t sit there rating it. More interested in Sarah Stirk showing off some thigh😁

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A knowledgeable guy that makes the analysis very easy for the viewer to understand. I personally think he adds to the coverage with his input. Same with Pugh. Personally I'd like to see Sky use their golf channel better and put on more stuff with these sort of experts aimed at the average golfer rather than repeating highlights every night of the previous weekends coverage